Radiology Technician - 2188245
$10,000 Sign-on Bonus for External Candidates
Careers with MedExpress. At MedExpress, we believe in delivering quality, convenient, affordable health care and exceeding our patients’ expectations. Our neighborhood medical centers are open every day from 8-8 with a full medical team and no appointments necessary to help patients get in, get healthy, and get back to what’s really important. We provide a broad scope of services including urgent care, basic wellness and prevention, and employer health services. As part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we’re working together to help people live healthier lives and to help the health system work better for everyone. You can become part of our elite team almost anywhere with 250 MedExpress centers across the country and two administrative offices in Morgantown, WV and Pittsburgh, PA. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Location: 424 Russell Street Hadley, MA (Frequent travel to other sites in Springfield and Westfield will be required.)
Schedule: This will be a 3 day a week schedule, 12-hour days from 8:00am-8:00pm
Specialty: Urgent Care
As a Radiologic Technologist (X-ray technologist, X-ray tech), you will be responsible for performing all radiology services and other basic nursing duties as assigned. In addition, you will ensure the well-being of patients and provide a positive, supportive environment while working in conjunction with physicians, advanced practice clinicians, front office, and clinical staff.
- Our teams utilize a collaborative working model to build connections across our centers and communities.
- Perform accurate X-rays as ordered by the provider while practicing radiation safety precautions to include ALARA
- Prepare and transmit images to the radiologist for over-read and report results to providers
- Retrieve and archive radiographic reports; create/burn CDs in compliance with HIPAA regulations
- Perform detailed and accurate data collection during clinical intake of patients to include taking and recording vital signs and patient history
- Assist patients as needed with walking, transfer, specimen collection, exam prep, etc.
- Complete patient referrals and patient callbacks daily
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Radiologic Technology
- Licensed and accredited Rad tech by ARRT and the state of MA
- Phlebotomy experience
- 2+ years clinical experience in related field
- Experience performing all standard radiographic studies on pediatric and geriatric patients
- experience with computed and digital radiography
- Experience with taking patient vitals
- Experience performing venipuncture and lab specimen collection
- Experience performing point of care testing (i.e. rapid strep, rapid flu, and urinalysis)
- Experience performing employer health services (i.e. urine drug screen, breath alcohol testing, DOT examinations)
- Experience documenting in electronic medical records and PACS
- Proven ability to perform venipuncture and lab specimen collections experience
- Proven comfortable working independently without the support of another radiologic technologist
Unless certification, licensure or registration is required, an equivalent combination of education and experience, which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed in this description, may be substituted for the above requirements.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.