Front Desk Administrator Supervisor - 2206656
Opportunities with Reliant Medical Group, part of the Optum family of businesses. Join a community-based, multi-specialty, physician-led organization where you will work with talented peers on a common purpose: improving the quality, cost and experience of health care. Here, we focus on delivering the best patient care, rather than volume. Through innovation and superior care management, we support patients and your well-being as a team member. Join a team at the forefront of value-based care and discover the meaning behind Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The Front Desk Administrator Supervisor will report to the Practice Manager and works collaboratively with practice leadership and providers to ensure optimal operating efficiency, provider productivity and patient satisfaction. They are responsible for overseeing a team of employees to ensure efficient administration of medical office activities. Coordinates a broad range of functions including patient billing, registration, and scheduling, electronic medical record (EMR), budget, etc. Independently coordinates process improvement initiatives, the rollout of organizational initiatives, recruiting efforts, and disciplinary action. Acts as a contributor to budget planning and plays an active role in providing key metric updates to leadership.
Office Location: One Eaton Place, Worcester, MA 01608
- Directs and supervises assigned personnel including performance evaluations, scheduling, orientation, and training. Makes recommendations on staffing levels, employee hires transfers, promotions, salary changes, discipline, terminations, and other similar actions. Resolves grievances and other personnel problems within position responsibilities
- Monitors a variety of processes/reports such as next available appointment, no show, encounter form control, referrals, recalls, registration audit report, monitors patient calls for feedback, etc. Resolve discrepancies within position responsibility
- Maintains existing provider schedules, changes, and updates as needed. Communicates changes to appropriate parties as assigned. Monitors Provider Schedules for accuracy and ensures they adhere to the standards/policies for appointment schedules. Follows up with team leaders/managers as appropriate
- Provides effective direction, guidance, and leadership over the staff for effective teamwork and motivation, and fosters the effective integration of efforts with organization-wide initiatives. Creates an environment that nurtures the empowerment of administrative staff members; encourages the development of self-directed work teams
- Collaborate with HR Business Partner or others to objectively address performance issues; address and document thoroughly, utilizing Performance Improvement Plans and the disciplinary process
- Resolves grievances and other personnel problems within position responsibilities. Provides input based on observations related to counseling and disciplinary issues. Implements corrective actions plans as required
- Assists Practice Manager/Site Administrator or others in responding to patient concerns as needed
- Provides effective direction, guidance, and leadership over the administrative staff for effective teamwork and motivation, and fosters the effective integration of efforts with clinic-wide initiatives
- Lead regular department meetings of staff and/or including providers in partnership with physician dyad or appropriate leadership to assure consistent communication on key strategies and business items
- Build and maintain relationships with all disciplines throughout the organization based on mutual respect and trust
- Manages activities to ensure financial goals are met
- Provide Practice Manager/Site Administrator and other leadership with regular summarized updates on key performance indicators including monthly review of reporting tools with the articulation of key operational drivers of success or variance
- Ensures compliance with all health and safety regulations and requirements
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of leadership experience including demonstrated problem-solving skills and the ability to communicate via written reports
- 3+ years of relevant medical or health insurance experience
- 3+ years of experience with medical terminology
- Intermediate level of proficiency with various software applications such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to work in office 2-3 days a week, located at: 123 Summer St Worcester, MA 01608
- Epic experience
- Experience with procedure scheduling and authorizing procedures
- Proven excellent organizational, interpersonal, team-building, and communication skills
- Proven ability to address issues through project management and coordinate people and resources accordingly
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes – an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.