NP or PA - Optum Serve - Veteran Compensation Exams - Remote or Travel - US - 2208308
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here’s your opportunity. We’re going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
LHI is one of 4 businesses under OptumServe. OptumServe provides health care services and proven expertise to help federal government agencies modernize the U.S. health system and improve the health and well-being of Americans. By joining OptumServe you are part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a leader across most major segments in the U.S. health care system.
At Optum, the mission is clear: Help people live heathier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone. There’s an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own.
This is a Monday-Friday position. You will spend 50% of your time traveling throughout the US to work in the Mobile Unit and 50% of your time working at home. Every other week you would be traveling and you can live anywhere in the US for this position.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Evaluating and conducting exams for medical disability claims for Veterans
- Traveling on-site, within an assigned region, to fixed facility and mobile unit locations to conduct exams
- When not traveling, completing ACE and internal medical opinion only requests as required by applicable contracts
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Licensed NP or PA
- Current and unrestricted state license
- Ability to obtain licensure based on business needs
- Experience with VA compensation and pension disability evaluations with a knowledge of VA quality and timeliness measures
- Proven basic computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Proven ability to perform detailed work with a high degree of accuracy, as well as the ability to demonstrate organizational skills and multi-tasking
- Ability to travel 50% or more for monthly travel assignments
- Ability to work remotely when not traveling to complete ACE and IMO exams or other duties as assigned
- Certified VA Compensation and Pension Examiner
- National Career Readiness certificate
- Experience with Department of Veterans Affairs
- Military and/or veteran healthcare experience
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Hawaii, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $88,000 to $173,200 annually. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment