Transition Coordinator - 2200551
Opportunities with Reliant Medical Group, part of the Optum family of businesses. Join a community-based, multi-specialty, physician-led organization where you will work with talented peers on a common purpose: improving the quality, cost and experience of health care. Here, we focus on delivering the best patient care, rather than volume. Through innovation and superior care management, we support patients and your well-being as a team member. Join a team at the forefront of value-based care and discover the meaning behind Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Reliant Medical Group is seeking a compassionate, enthusiastic, and professional Medical Assistant (MA) or License Practical Nurse (LPN) Transition Coordinator to join their Care Management team.
- Location: 100 Front St., Worcester, 01608
- Department: Care Management
- Schedule: Full-time; Monday – Friday 8:00am-4:30pm or 8:30am-5:00pm
- Performs a variety of activities that support the clinical, business, and program-related work of the clinical staff in the Care Management Department
- Collaborates with clinical and non-clinical staff across multiple sites within the organization to ensure timely contact of patients discharged from hospital and skilled nursing facilities to assess needs of patients and/or family and documents contact in the appropriate database
- Consistently exercise sound decision-making skills while demonstrating the ability to multi-task, prioritize daily workload and seek assistance when necessary
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
Years of post-high school education can be substituted/is equivalent to years of experience
- Graduate of an Accredited Medical Assistant Program with a certificate and completed an externship with 3+ years of relevant experience
- OR Graduate of an accredited program for Licensed Practical Nurses and currently licensed as a LPN in the State of Massachusetts
- OR EMT Certification with 3+ years of relevant experience
- OR CNA Certification with 3+ years of relevant experience
- Proven experience in telephone contact with patients within an ambulatory practice setting
- Electronic Medical Record experience
- Knowledge of Excel spreadsheets with ability to sort data
- Proficient in various software applications such as Microsoft Office Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Basic clinical skills and demonstrated excellent customer service skills
- Proven excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Proven effective problem-solving skills
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes – an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.