OptumServe Medical Disability Examiner - Telecommute/Travel - US - 2193494
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
LHI is one of 4 businesses under OptumServe. OptumServe provides health care services and proven expertise to help federal government agencies modernize the U.S. health system and improve the health and well-being of Americans. By joining OptumServe you are part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a leader across most major segments in the U.S. health care system.
At Optum, the mission is clear: Help people live heathier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone. There’s an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Medical Disability Examiner to join our growing team! Responsibilities include evaluating and conducting exams for Medical Disability claims for Veteran’s. This role requires traveling on-site, within an assigned region, to fixed facility and mobile unit locations to conduct exams. When not traveling, completing ACE and internal Medical Opinion only requests as required by applicable contracts.
This is a Monday-Friday position. You will spend 50% of your time traveling throughout the US to work in the Mobile Unit and 50% of your time working at home. Every other week you would be traveling and you can live anywhere in the US for this position.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Licensed MD or DO
- Current and unrestricted state license
- Ability to obtain licensure based on business needs. This may include a compact license (Interstate Medical Licensure Compact) ensuring compliance with that state’s existing Medical Practice Act
- Accredited Board Certification/Board Eligible (BC/BE)
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated ability to perform detailed work with a high degree of accuracy as well as the ability to demonstrate organizational skills and multi-tasking
- Available to travel 50% or more for monthly travel assignments
- Ability to work remotely when not traveling to complete ACE and IMO exams or other duties as assigned
- Certified VA Compensation and Pension Examiner
- National Career Readiness Certificate
- Experience with VA Compensation and Pension disability evaluations with a knowledge of VA quality and timeliness measures
- Experience with Department of Veterans Affairs
- Military and/or veteran healthcare experience
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment