Call Center Representative - Boston, MA - 2196967
If you are within commutable distance of Boston, MA, you will have the flexibility to work from home and the office in this hybrid role* as you take on some tough challenges.
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. Within a high volume environment, you’ll need to model and act as an Ambassador for the company while solving complex health care inquires The Associate Service Account Manager acts as a customer advocate to resolve escalated and complex issues.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday – Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 9:30am – 6:00pm EST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
We offer weeks of training. The hours of the training will be based on schedule or will be discussed on your first day of employment.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Provide expertise and customer service support to members, customers, and/or providers
- Serve as the liaison to a complex customer base to manage first level response and resolution of escalated issues with external and internal customers
- Identify and resolve operational problems using defined processes, expertise and judgment
- Investigate claim and/or customer service issues as identified and communicate resolution to customers
- Provide feedback to team members regarding improvement opportunities
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer problems
- 1+ years of HealthCare experience
- 1+ years of working in a Call Center environment
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Ability to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 9:30am – 6:00pm EST, Monday – Friday
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Experience/knowledge working with Medical Claims and or Medical Prior Authorization
- Reside within commutable distance of Boston, MA
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.