Medical Assistant MA, Leominster Internal Medicine - 2194785
$1,000 Sign-on Bonus for External Candidates
Opportunities with Reliant Medical Group, part of the Optum family of businesses. Join a community-based, multi-specialty, physician-led organization where you will work with talented peers on a common purpose: improving the quality, cost and experience of health care. Here, we focus on delivering the best patient care, rather than volume. Through innovation and superior care management, we support patients and your well-being as a team member. Join a team at the forefront of value-based care and discover the meaning behind Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
- Location: 225 New Lancaster Road, Leominster, MA 01420
- Department: Family Practice
- Schedule: Full time, 38.75 hours/weekly, Monday through Friday, 8:30AM to 5:00PM
This position performs a full range of medical support services while ensuring the highest level of patient care and satisfaction.
- Prepare examination rooms and sterilize medical equipment & instruments
- Room patients, obtain health history and check vital signs
- Document patient care using electronic medical record software
- Perform phlebotomy, urinalysis and handle patient specimen samples
- Administer medications and perform injections/immunizations
- Assist providers with minor, in-office procedures and perform point-of-care testing
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Technical certification or 1+ years of experience performing the critical skills of a medical assistant after on-the-job training OR Current enrollment in an accredited Medical Assistant program OR EMT certification
- Active medical assistant certification (CMA, CCMA, NCMA, RMA and CMAC)
- Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS-CPR) or completed within 90 days of date of hire
- Experience working as a Medical Assistant or EMT
- Experience with electronic medical record software (EPIC)
- Experience performing medical back-office tasks including obtaining vital signs, injections/immunizations, phlebotomy, urinalysis and administering medications
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.