Center Manager - Hadley, MA - 2195949
Careers with MedExpress. At MedExpress, we believe in delivering quality, convenient, affordable health care and exceeding our patients’ expectations. Our neighborhood medical centers are open every day from 8-8 with a full medical team and no appointments necessary to help patients get in, get healthy, and get back to what’s really important. We provide a broad scope of services including urgent care, basic wellness and prevention, and employer health services. As part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we’re working together to help people live healthier lives and to help the health system work better for everyone. You can become part of our elite team almost anywhere with 150 MedExpress centers across the country. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
This role is center-based and requires working in a clinical setting. The noise level is moderate and there is a potential for exposure to infectious diseases and blood-borne pathogens. It requires the ability to stand and sit for hours at a time (with some bending and stooping), ability to use manual dexterity in relation to clinical requirements, and ability to lift 50 lbs. Hours may vary based on location, patient volume, and business needs.
Having energized and friendly center managers is essential for creating success in our centers. In this role, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of center operations in order to provide quality medical care and services to patients. As a leader, you’ll provide clear direction to achieve goals, creating an environment that fosters team commitment and employee engagement.
- Drives excellence in business, clinical, and financial operations of the center through managing workflows, budgets, scheduling, and other items as needed
- Acts as the catalyst to ensure staff are passionate about delivering genuine, caring, and friendly healthcare
- Maintains the culture of excellence by recruiting, developing, and retaining talent
- Champions the MedExpress brand in the community by acting as a liaison with outreach efforts, responding to patients and the general public
- Identifies innovative ways to build relationships with local businesses, schools, and organizations in order to meet their community healthcare needs
- Monitors and optimizes systems that meet staff communication needs while supporting consistency throughout the MedExpress platform
- Optimizes partnerships with area and regional leader to achieve overall corporate goals and objectives
- Ensures 100% compliance with the MedExpress Compliance Program and compliance with federal or state licensing requirements for both the Center and staff
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of experience supervising, coaching, and developing staff
- Demonstrated success using the principles and processes of customer service including identifying customer needs, meeting quality standards for service, and evaluating & improving customer service results
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management
- 3+ years of experience managing a customer-facing retail or healthcare facility
- Understanding of HIPAA, OSHA and other state/federal healthcare requirements and regulations
- Clinical license
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Proof of immunity to vaccine-preventable diseases is an employment requirement.