Preauthorization Analyst - 2195757
Looking for an opportunity to gain health care experience or searching for a career change, join our Referral Management team!
Opportunities with Reliant Medical Group, part of the Optum family of businesses. Join a community-based, multi-specialty, physician-led organization where you will work with talented peers on a common purpose: improving the quality, cost and experience of health care. Here, we focus on delivering the best patient care, rather than volume. Through innovation and superior care management, we support patients and your well-being as a team member. Join a team at the forefront of value-based care and discover the meaning behind Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
- Location: Reliant Medical Group, a Part of Optum – Worcester, MA
- Schedule: Full-time, Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
- Specialty: Referral Management
- Processes authorizations, redirections, and denials per specific payor’s guidelines
- Screen for member eligibility
- Retrieve clinical notes from external providers to complete our electronic medical records, and accurately enters information into the computer system
- Schedule appointments for outgoing orders for primary care
- Schedule internal orders for designated in-house specialty and imaging to manage and provide timely services for all patients
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
One year of post-high school education can be substituted/is equivalent to one year of experience
- 2+ years of customer service experience
- Experience with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience working within the health care Industry and with health care insurance
- Experience working in a hospital, physician’s office or medical clinic setting
- Experience working in a call center
- A clerical or administrative support background
- Knowledge of ICD-9 and CPT codes
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.