Chief Growth Officer - East Region - 2187091
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
As a member of Optum Health’s East Region executive leadership team, the Chief Growth Officer (CGO) will be responsible for both the strategic planning and tactical execution of the East Region growth plan. The CGO will have a solid bias to action while strategically thinking years ahead across the multiple dimensions of growth in health care. The CGO will work closely with the CEO, CFO, East market leaders, and Optum national functions to develop an informed plan that drives immediate growth and helps shape the future of the East Region.
- Create a comprehensive short and long-term growth plan inclusive of organic growth strategies, partnerships with payors, health systems, and employers, acquisitions, ancillary development, and other novel earnings growth opportunities across the East Region
- Collaborate with market teams to understand local dynamics, create analytics, and ensure that potential growth strategies are aligned with market priorities and objectives
- Collaborate with Optum and UHG national functions, including Corporate Development, Business Development, and Growth, to proactively share opportunities, leverage best practices, and ensure alignment with national processes and priorities
- Create processes around the collaboration of market teams and national functions to ensure action and accountability
- Partner with UHG Corporate Development on the evaluation of new ventures and acquisition targets and support evaluation and diligence process as needed
- Present growth opportunities and deal models to internal stakeholders to secure approvals
- In partnership with market teams, who will run ongoing operations, develop execution plans to bring specific growth strategies to life, driving sustainable and profitable growth
- Explore and identify opportunities to leverage Optum Health’s solutions and scale to expand patient impact and reduce medical costs
- Set and achieve growth targets and regularly communicate progress on the growth pipeline
- Establish KPIs and dashboards associated with revenue growth that will drive efficiencies and processes and ensure achievement of growth goals
- Maintain a robust understanding of the East region and Optum Health’s solutions, as well as the competition and market dynamics
- Drive appropriate market research to support growth initiatives
- Identify and develop solid relationships within the market and across Optum Health
- Utilize data to inform growth strategies, track performance, and drive continuous improvement
- Assess and mitigate risks, adapting growth strategies through competitive and regulatory changes
- Participate in market events that can generate meaningful relationships and awareness of Optum Health
- Cultivate and maintain solid working relationships with colleagues throughout the organization in order to exchange or convey information and foster strategic partnerships and achieve common goals
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 15+ years in management, consulting, business development, and/or client relationship management
- Experience in identifying organic and inorganic growth opportunities
- A strategic thinker who can focus on the big picture while creating and executing against a growth plan
- Proven ability and willingness to do hands on work, in a low resource and lean environment and culture
- Excellent organization, project management and business planning skills, enabling efficient management of a broad portfolio of opportunities
- Experience evaluating new markets, channels and building relationships
- Proven ability to identify and produce excellent results in a growth and financial performance-oriented environment
- A successful track record of forging collaborative relationships and partnerships (both internally and externally), negotiating and closing deals and driving revenue growth
- Refined and persuasive communication skills – both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to successfully influence without direct authority and drive outcomes required
- Be adaptable, comfortable with ambiguity, and enthusiastic about working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel 25%
- Master’s Degree: MBA, MPH, or equivalent
- Deep healthcare industry experience
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.