Oncology Pharmacist Supervisor - 2190839
Opportunities with Reliant Medical Group, part of the Optum family of businesses. Join a community-based, multi-specialty, physician-led organization where you will work with talented peers on a common purpose: improving the quality, cost and experience of health care. Here, we focus on delivering the best patient care, rather than volume. Through innovation and superior care management, we support patients and your well-being as a team member. Join a team at the forefront of value-based care and discover the meaning behind Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Under the direction of the Director, this position facilitates the safe, high-quality, effective and economic use of Oncology & Infusion drugs. This responsibility includes the supervision of accurate preparation and dispensing of pharmaceuticals according to established departmental policies and procedures. The Supervisor will work collaboratively with the center’s management team on program development, and operational oversight.
The Oncology and Infusion Center at Reliant Medical Group is a growing and expanding are within Reliant Medical Group. The IV Oncology Pharmacist Supervisor, in conjunction with the Director, facilitates the safe, high-quality, effective and economic use of Oncology & Infusion drugs. The Supervisor will work collaboratively with the center’s management team on program development, and operational oversight including compliance with local, state and national regulatory guidelines for handling hazardous drugs and compounding sterile injectables.
- Ensures compliance with USP chapters, federal and state regulations, and department policies and SOPs, and escalates concerns to Director
- Provides daily oversight of the pharmacy technicians, processes payroll for assigned employees, coordinates the on-site onboarding and training and orientation of new staff members and ensures proper documentation. Ensures compliance with ongoing training, competencies, and development and ensures proper documentation
- Assess daily volume and ensures adequate coverage to meet needs and unexpected absences. Identifies areas of opportunity for process improvement and presents proposed solutions to infusion pharmacy leadership. Supports the development and implementation of efficient workflows within the pharmacy
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduate from an accredited College of Pharmacy
- Completion of an ASHP accredited PGY1 residency or equivalent practice experience
- Valid Massachusetts Registered Pharmacist license
- PharmD degree
- Board certified in Sterile Compounding
- 2+ years of Oncology practice experience
Unless certification, licensure or registration is required, an equivalent combination of education and experience, which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed in this description, may be substituted for the above requirements.
- Physical health sufficient to meet the ergonomic standards and demands of the position.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.