Registered Nurse Case Manager - 2192124
Opportunities with Reliant Medical Group, part of the Optum family of businesses. Join a community-based, multi-specialty, physician-led organization where you will work with talented peers on a common purpose: improving the quality, cost and experience of health care. Here, we focus on delivering the best patient care, rather than volume. Through innovation and superior care management, we support patients and your well-being as a team member. Join a team at the forefront of value-based care and discover the meaning behind Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
- Department: Care Management – Discharge Case Management
- Location: On-Site at 123 Summer St Worcester, MA
- Hours: Full-time; Monday – Friday – May include one weekend shift per month
- Provides comprehensive case management and care coordination for a diverse panel of patients with identified needs spanning age, condition, and population variables
- “Coaches” (rather than “teaches”) patients to improve their health behavior to attain health-related goals, while working as part of a health care team (Providers, Nurses, Social Workers, Patients, Family, Caregivers, etc.)
- Patient education focus designed in conjunction with Clinical Pharmacists to work with patients to optimize medication protocols and transitions
- Work Closely with Clinical Pharmacist to manage HTN/DM disease and medications
- Assist with medication adjustments by protocol
- Perform medication teaching in collaboration with Clinical Pharmacist
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- Active, unrestricted licensure as a Registered Nurse in Massachusetts
- Current Massachusetts driver’s license with the ability to travel to hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, patient’s homes, and other sites where patients receive care as needed
- Certification in Geriatric Nursing or Geriatric Case Management
- 5+ years of nursing experience, preferably with older patients
- Experience with hospital discharge case management
- Proficient in computer use, the Internet and health information technology
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently as well as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Demonstrated excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills, with a flexible and creative approach to problem solving
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.