Registration Specialist - 2191407
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data, and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life’s best work.SM
This team member will be involved in the Hybrid Central Registration project which involves them providing insurance verification support to specialty practices at Worcester Medical Center (St Vincent Hospital). The primary responsibility of this role is to update and verify patients’ insurance prior to their appointment. This involves verifying eligibility on payer websites, calling patients for their insurance information, and communicating with the specialty departments when patients have insurance we do not accept, or if we are unable to attain updated insurance information. This role also involves taking calls from patients and RMG staff to assist in updating/verifying insurance and answering insurance related questions.
- Providing insurance verification support to specialty practices at Worcester Medical Center (St Vincent Hospital)
- Update and verify patients’ insurance prior to their appointment
- Verifying eligibility on payer websites, calling patients for their insurance information, and communicating with the specialty departments when patients have insurance we do not accept, or if we are unable to attain updated insurance information
- Taking calls from patients and RMG staff to assist in updating/verifying insurance, and answering insurance related questions
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of healthcare experience
- 1+ years of insurance verification experience
- Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Data Entry experience
- Strong customer service
- Teamwork & collaboration
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.