Medical Assistant Part-Time Hadley MA - 2181962
$3,500 Sign-on Bonus for External Candidates
Careers with MedExpress. At MedExpress, we believe in delivering quality, convenient, affordable health care and exceeding our patients’ expectations. Our neighborhood medical centers are open every day from 8-8 with a full medical team and no appointments necessary to help patients get in, get healthy, and get back to what’s really important. We provide a broad scope of services including urgent care, basic wellness and prevention, and employer health services. As part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we’re working together to help people live healthier lives and to help the health system work better for everyone. You can become part of our elite team almost anywhere with 250 MedExpress centers across the country and two administrative offices in Morgantown, WV and Pittsburgh, PA. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
As a Medical Assistant, you will be ensuring the well-being of patients while working in conjunction with physicians, advanced practice clinicians, front office and clinical staff. This role is based in one of our MedExpress urgent care centers.
Our teams utilize a collaborative working model to build connections across our centers and communities. Our Medical Assistants typically operate out of a primary center within the Hadley location. This is a part time position working 12 hours/week.
Location: Hadley, MA
Status: Part Time
Schedule: One 12-hour shift (8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.) per week
Specialty: MedExpress Urgent Care
Hours may include rotating weekends/holidays and may vary with patient volume and business need.
- Perform Clinical Intake with patients to include taking and recording vital signs and patient history
- Assist patients as needed with walking, transfer, specimen collection, exam preparation, etc.
- Complete patient referrals and patient callbacks daily
- Maintain clinical supplies and equipment and ensure proper storage of biohazards
- Clean exam/procedure rooms, instruments, and equipment between patient visits to maintain infection control
In addition, you may receive:
- Hourly rate incentives (Flex Pay, Standby Pay)
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period
- Career development and training for other roles you may be interested in
- Medical Plan options, Dental, Vision, Life & AD&D Insurance
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or GED
- Completion of a medical assistant training program and/or 1+ years of medical assistant experience in an urgent care, physician, or emergency room setting, or enrolled in an accredited Radiologic Technologist program
- Direct experience with: Clinical intake, patient data collection, laboratory specimen collection, performing EKG testing, application of orthopedic devices, performing basic wound care, and/or employer health services
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Proof of immunity to vaccine-preventable diseases is an employment requirement.