Medical Assistant MA - 2187482
$1,000 Sign-on Bonus for External Candidates
Opportunities with Reliant Medical Group, part of the Optum family of businesses. Join a community-based, multi-specialty, physician-led organization where you will work with talented peers on a common purpose: improving the quality, cost and experience of health care. Here, we focus on delivering the best patient care, rather than volume. Through innovation and superior care management, we support patients and your well-being as a team member. Join a team at the forefront of value-based care and discover the meaning behind Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Location: 123 Summer St, Worcester, MA 01608
Schedule: 38.75 hours a week Monday-Friday
- Opens patient areas, prepares patient schedules and patient medical records following standard procedures
- Greets patients and escorts them to the exam room. Establishes reason for patient visit and prepares patient accordingly. Provides direct and indirect care following standard procedure while identifying and recording physical findings. Verifies patient medications, performs medication reconciliation, and pends refills. Collects and documents a variety of forms. Documents patient information in chart following standard procedure. Monitor and maintain patient flow. Assists in management of patient flow and access
- Performs a variety of clinical functions such as measuring temperature, pulse rates, blood pressure, orthostatic vitals, height, weight, pediatric lengths, head circumference, peak flows, pulse oximetry, etc. Performs a variety test such as hearing, vision, etc. Documents information during patient visit in patient chart
- Performs a variety of point of care testing functions and quality control such as urinalysis, rapid strep, blood glucose, urine pregnancy, etc. Document testing in patient chart. Maintains laboratory logs following standard procedure
- Performs a variety of procedures such as applying hot/cold compress, applying/removing simple to complex wound dressings (as defined by site) under the direction of provider or licensed staff member, suture removal, staple removal, ear irrigation, DME splints / orthoglass, etc.
- Notifies patients of normal laboratory results as instructed by provider. May report abnormal laboratory results under the instruction of licensed staff member. Performs routine call backs
- Completes prescription refills following standard procedures. Check appropriate notes, pertinent laboratory results and orders laboratory results that are required, selects appropriate pharmacy and pends correct medication, dosage, sig and number of refills before routing to appropriate provider for approval
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Training or education as a Medical Assistant
- Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS-CPR) or the ability to complete within 90 days
- Medical Assistant certification
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suites i.e. Outlook, Word, etc.
- Knowledge of office and laboratory procedures
Unless certification, licensure or registration is required, an equivalent combination of education and experience, which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed in this description, may be substituted for the above requirements.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.