Data Analyst, Client Analytics
Decision Point Healthcare Solutions
We need your help.
We’re looking for a self-starting and driven Data Analyst to join the Decision Point Client Analytics team. Most of us are Boston-based, but you don’t have to be. This opportunity will enable you to contribute to the Decision Point mission by helping our healthcare customers make data-driven decisions. In this role, you will transform complex data into actionable information will inform health insurance and healthcare provider organizations on how to best target, engage, and empower their patient-members to make better health decisions.
There are three main areas of focus as a member of the Decision Point Client Analytics team, which is comprised of analysts and analytic consultants. The first is to work with the Decision Point Customer Success team to build customized reports and strategic recommendations. The second is to assist the Product team in the buildout of data analytics and reporting capabilities for our product offering. The third is to assist the Data Operations and Data Science team in preparing data for modeling. The right candidate will join other Decision Point team members that are passionate, hard-working, and eager to learn on a path for career growth. This position reports to the Vice President, Client Analytics.
- Work with data analysts and engineers to compile and organize healthcare data
- Convert data into usable information that is easy to understand
- Investigate data to find patterns and trends
- Analyze data to assist in delivering recommendations to clients
- Assist in the development of reports, data dictionaries, and presentations
- Communicate analytic insights to team members
- Become an expert in clients’ unique data
- Understand data storage and data sharing methods
- Ensure team maintains high standards of data management
- Ensure quality control procedures and documentation management are followed
You’ll use your:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Computer Science, or related field
- Background or interest in healthcare and health insurance quality and operations
- Experience with SQL, SAS, R, Python, or any coding language. You will use your experience, or eagerness to learn, to write advanced SQL queries that span multiple data sources to develop business reports
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Analytical mindset with good problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with machine learning, statistical or financial modeling a plus
- Experience with data visualization tools a plus
A little bit about Decision Point
We are a rapidly growing healthcare technology company changing the fundamentals of patient and provider engagement. For years, health plans have relied on descriptive data and reactive engagement. We empower our clients to understand and predict the whole member journey, enabling sustained improvements in member health outcomes and plan performance. We combine the latest, most practical technologies and a deep understanding of healthcare, bringing innovative, pragmatic solutions to an industry that touches us all.