Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 6, 2024
Who we are
Zus is a shared health data platform designed to accelerate healthcare data interoperability by providing easy-to-use patient data via API, embedded components, and direct EHR integrations. Founded in 2021 by Jonathan Bush, co-founder and former CEO of athenahealth, Zus partners with HIEs and other data networks to aggregate patient clinical history and then translates that history into user-friendly information at the point of care. Zus's mission is to catalyze healthcare's greatest inventors by maximizing the value of patient insights - so that they can build up, not around.
We are looking for an experienced, hands-on Engineering Manager to lead our core platform teams. This manager will be responsible for the clinical data enrichment pipeline, the services that provide the data to applications, as well as the our data lake and data warehouses. Our evolving tech stack currently includes Go, Snowflake, DynamoDB and AWS. With broad, evolving needs and a small team, we’re looking for a flexible, creative and enthusiastic technical leader who is eager to jump into the next challenge.
As part of our early team, you will be responsible for:
- Leading and mentoring a team of skilled engineers, fostering a collaborative and innovative work environment
- Setting clear goals and objectives, providing guidance and support to ensure successful project delivery
- Guiding the long-term strategic direction of the core Zus data platform
- Continuously improving engineering, personal, and support policies, practices, and processing both for the data platform teams and across Zus engineering
- Cultivating a culture of continuous improvement, encouraging professional growth and skill development
- Providing hands-on technical guidance and support to the team including direct code code development, ensuring the highest quality of code and system architecture
- Staying updated on industry trends and best practices to ensure the development of cutting-edge solutions
You're a good fit because you have:
- Proven experience as an Engineering Manager, leading successful teams in complex technical environments
- Experience developing and operating high performance back-end data services at scale
- Passion for developing talent, you have a track record of growing your team members into management & leadership roles
- Demonstrated ability to achieve operational excellence: you can evaluate and design the right processes and systems to facilitate communications, improve execution, and ensure accountability
- Significant experience in dynamic environments such as early stage startups
- A consistent track record delivering high availability services on a public cloud platform
- Strong technical proficiency in “back end” technologies such as Go, DynamoDB, GraphQL, Kafka, Snowflake
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills
- Passion for improving healthcare in the US
- A BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related field
It would be awesome if you...
- Have experience in healthcare/health tech
- Are located in/around the Boston metro and are open to occasional office days to collaborate with the team
We will offer you…
• Competitive compensation that reflects the value you bring to the team a combination of cash and equity
• Robust benefits that include health insurance, wellness benefits, 401k with a match, unlimited PTO
• Opportunity to work alongside a passionate team that is determined to help change the world (and have fun doing it)
Please Note: Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet 100% of the job criteria. While we have worked to consolidate the minimum qualifications for each role, we aren’t looking for someone who checks each box on a page; we’re looking for active learners and people who care about disrupting the current healthcare system with their unique experiences.
We do not conduct interviews by text nor will we send you a job offer unless you've interviewed with multiple people, including the Director of People & Talent, over video interviews. Job scams do exist so please be careful with your personal information.