Materials & Production Planner
ZOLL Medical Corporation
At ZOLL, we're passionate about improving patient outcomes and helping save lives.
We provide innovative technologies that make a meaningful difference in people's lives. Our medical devices, software and related services are used worldwide to diagnose and treat patients suffering from serious cardiopulmonary and respiratory conditions.
The Resuscitation division of ZOLL Medical Corporation develops and delivers innovative lifesaving products and software solutions to EMS, hospital, public safety, and military customers globally. Our dedicated employees take pride in their commitment to improving patient outcomes while delivering world-class customer service.
At ZOLL, you won’t just have a job. You’ll have a career—and a purpose.
Join our team. It’s a great time to be a part of ZOLL!
The Materials/Production Planner position will be responsible for analyzing production requirements generated by MRP, determining build quantities and issuing work orders to the production floor. Responsibilities also include but are not limited to: expediting materials in support of production plan, implementing ECO/BOM changes, providing mate3rials status for projects, expediting parts with purchasing departments, producing recovery dates to customer service on constrained assemblies, and master schedule maintenance.
- Generate product line build plans in support of the Master Production Schedule
- Monitor actual production versus plan and resolve scheduling problems through coordination with manufacturing, distribution, quality control, and customer service
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of products and processes to ensure optimum manufacturing scheduling efficiency and effectiveness
- Work with purchasing to expedite, reschedule or revise materials shipments to avoid disruptions in production while preserving ideal stock levels
- Continuously update product line schedules in support of changes to the master production schedule, Engineering activities and sales order demand
- Maintain and monitor accuracy of the Master Demand Schedule relative to demand
- Maintain and validate the planning percentages used to drive features and product options based on the unit forecast quantities
- Incorporate new products into the forecast and master production schedule
- Establish and maintain, as appropriate, a cross-functional communication network across the business with an emphasis on real-time interaction to assure product supply meets current customer demand
- Coordinate Weekly backlog review meetings with members of the Customer Service. Provide material insight and production support as appropriate
- Product scheduling information to customer service in support of backlog management and lead-time communication
- Assist Manufacturing, Quality and Engineering with evaluation of Engineering Change Orders for effective implementation
- Interface with various departs to ensure Engineering Changes are effectively implemented and existing stock is appropriately dispositioned prior to cut in
Required/Preferred Education and Experience
- BA/BS preferred
- 5-8+ years Materials / Production Planning experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of relevant automated ERP functionally including planning bulls of materials and inventory management
- Proficient in MS Office. Oracle experience is beneficial
- The desire, willingness and ability to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment
- Must be mathematically inclined, with an analytical aptitude
ZOLL is a fast-growing company that operates in more than 140 countries around the world. Our employees are inspired by a commitment to make a difference in patients' lives, and our culture values innovation, self-motivation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Join us in our efforts to improve outcomes for underserved patients suffering from critical cardiopulmonary conditions and help save more lives.