Mechanical Engineering Intern
ZOLL Medical Corporation
Working under the direction of a team of Mechanical Engineers on our Resuscitation R&D Team, the Mechanical Engineering Intern will complete design, build, and testing activities on new products and execute modifications to existing products.
Note, must be enrolled in undergraduate degree program.
Position runs May 2024 through August 2024.
- Create new designs, and execute modifications to existing designs, utilizing SolidWorks
- Create studies and comparisons of existing geometry to confirm form, fit, and function of revised or modified designs
- Develop new SolidWorks assemblies, models, and drawing packages from concept sketches
- Test fixture design and development
- Execute product testing plans, and collect and analyze data, to verify new product designs
- Prototyping of usability concepts for evaluation and testing
- Proficiency with SolidWorks required, Certified SolidWorks Associate is preferred
- Experience building parts and assemblies using Rapid Prototyping/3D printers is a plus
- Experience with testing, test equipment, and data collection is a plus
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and skill
- Minimum two years of study in an Bachelor of Science Mechanical Engineering program with excellent academic standing
- Chelmsford, MA
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
ZOLL Medical Corporation appreciates and values diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.