Biomedical Engineering Co-op
ZOLL Medical Corporation
ZOLL Medical Corporation is committed to developing technologies that help advance the practice of resuscitation. With products for pacing, defibrillation, circulation, ventilation, and fluid resuscitation, ZOLL provides a comprehensive set of technologies that can help clinicians, EMS professionals, and lay rescuers resuscitate sudden cardiac arrest or trauma victims. ZOLL also designs and markets software that automates the documentation and management of both clinical and non-clinical data.
At ZOLL, you’ll be part of a team of engineers with rich industry experience in computer science, medical science, communications technologies, electrical engineering, and mechanical engineering. You’ll have the chance to contribute to developing prototype tools and fixtures for medical devices and learn about how the technologies work.
We are looking for a smart, motivated student to join our advanced development team in the development of the latest defibrillator technology. We offer the challenge of working in a fast-paced team environment where your energy and expertise can help you to reach your full potential.
NOTE: This co-op position is from May 2024 thru December 2024. You must be enrolled in a degree program at the start of the co-op position.
- Contribute to product and tool development for all phases of the development lifecycle
- Familiarity with laboratory measurement equipment
- Create new designs and modifications of existing designs
- Create studies and geometry comparisons of existing envelopes to confirm form and fit of revised /modified designs
- Develop new assemblies and models from concept sketches
- Execute prototype testing plans to verify new designs
Required/Preferred Education and Experience:
- Pursuing a BS or MS in Biomedical engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or similar program
- Experience building parts and assemblies using with 3D printers is a plus
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities, and activities will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change
with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
ZOLL Medical Corporation appreciates and values diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.