Vice President, Program Management - Medical Device
ZOLL Medical Corporation
At ZOLL, we're passionate about improving patient outcomes and helping save lives.
We provide innovative technologies that make a meaningful difference in people's lives. Our medical devices, software and related services are used worldwide to diagnose and treat patients suffering from serious cardiopulmonary and respiratory conditions.
The Resuscitation division of ZOLL Medical Corporation develops and delivers innovative lifesaving products and software solutions to EMS, hospital, public safety, and military customers globally. Our dedicated employees take pride in their commitment to improving patient outcomes while delivering world-class customer service.
At ZOLL, you won’t just have a job. You’ll have a career—and a purpose.
Join our team. It’s a great time to be a part of ZOLL!
As Vice President, Program Management, you will lead the execution and strategy for program management activities across ZOLL's Resuscitation Research & Development (R&D) organization. You will lead the change management of an experienced team of professionals and will work to develop consistency, continuity, and harmonization of our program management function. Provide insights and recommendations to the PDT Project Decision Team (PDT) for budget decisions supporting strategic objectives. You will also manage the direct spend portion of the budget for New Product Development (NPD) project/programs.
In this role, you will establish consistent program management practices and procedures, communicate these throughout the organization, and ensure operational excellence in their execution. This is a high visible, high impact role at a market-leading company. This position requires equal parts team leadership, cross-functional strategic planning, and disciplined project management. This role will be based in our Chelmsford, MA headquarters and reports to the Vice President of Research & Development.
- Lead the delivery for best-in-class products supporting company's portfolio and strategic objectives.
- Establish, implement, and ensure compliance with procedures and best practices in the execution of ZOLL’s program management activities across the division.
- Work to develop and implement product strategy, project prioritization, market penetration, feature releases, and localizations for medical devices.
- Develop and Manage a high-performing team of project & program managers to support the portfolio as it expands both in number of products, market segments and geographies.
- Direct time-to-market initiatives and other continuous improvement activities while you generate business operational insights.
- Lead cross-functional program teams with a thoughtful and collaborative approach to ensure functional areas are represented and confirm alignment on goals and objectives to plan and allocate resources to achieve critical priorities.
- Organize and lead key project and program reviews, stage gate assessments to executive committees on program key milestones.
Required/Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Master's/PhD in Engineering required
- Master's Degree MBA preferred
- 10+ years R&D Leadership experience at Director level or above required
- 5 years’ direct experience with embedded system design and development required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated success in Medical Device (Class II or III) Program and project Management, program leadership, and experience moving products through Research & Development and deliver to global markets.
- Experience with medical device product changes and regulatory impact.
- Experience with team leadership, ability to recruit, develop and mentor a high-performance team.
- Prior experience successfully leading strategic cross-functional programs, with a strong preference for specific experience in medical device platform development.
- Experience with managing outside development partners, including contract development, negotiating and review.
- Direct experience related to intellectual property creation, capture, and development.
- Fluency in subject areas essential to the development and commercialization of medical devices, clinical evidence, and regulatory strategy.
- Strong internal and external executive presence required.
- Superb verbal and written and communication skills, with ability to correspond effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven track record of making strong business and technical decisions in the face of ambiguity and conflicting requirements.
- Analytical mindset and strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to anticipate potential needs and challenges before they occur.
- Ability to oversee multiple large programs and projects, and the cross-functional teams that work on them.
- Ability to set objectives, prioritize and drive projects, ensuring team alignment and working effectively together to meet deadlines.
- Ability to handle confidential information with appropriate discretion and judgement.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Standing - Occasionally
- Walking - Occasionally
- Sitting - Constantly
- Talking - Occasionally
- Hearing - Occasionally
- Repetitive Motions - Frequently
ZOLL is a fast-growing company that operates in more than 140 countries around the world. Our employees are inspired by a commitment to make a difference in patients' lives, and our culture values innovation, self-motivation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Join us in our efforts to improve outcomes for underserved patients suffering from critical cardiopulmonary conditions and help save more lives.