Post Market Surveillance Specialist I
ZOLL Medical Corporation
At ZOLL, we're passionate about improving patient outcomes and helping save lives.
We provide innovative technologies that make a meaningful difference in people's lives. Our medical devices, software and related services are used worldwide to diagnose and treat patients suffering from serious cardiopulmonary and respiratory conditions.
The Resuscitation division of ZOLL Medical Corporation develops and delivers innovative lifesaving products and software solutions to EMS, hospital, public safety, and military customers globally. Our dedicated employees take pride in their commitment to improving patient outcomes while delivering world-class customer service.
At ZOLL, you won’t just have a job. You’ll have a career—and a purpose.
Join our team. It’s a great time to be a part of ZOLL!
A stakeholder in ZOLL's Post Market Surveillance process in accordance with the FDA’s Quality System Regulation (QSR)/ Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and globally harmonized standard ISO 13485. Reviews and assesses complaint information received from Technical Support. Based on information received, determines if events meet appropriate regulatory requirements for adverse event reporting. Generate appropriate regulatory reports based on assessment, communicate with other Sub-Office departments globally and respond to regulatory authority requests. This involves written documentation, computer input and interactions with internal and external customers. This position performs evaluations, preparations for audits, review and submission of regulatory documents and some oversight of the regulatory affairs program. We pride ourselves on creating opportunities for growth.
- Maintaining ZOLL's Post Market Surveillance in compliance within applicable regulations worldwide.
- Support process improvement and continuous improvement initiatives
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations and other international regulatory requirements, company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments
- Stay appraised with regulatory landscape updates, changes, and state of the art. Support initiatives to implement and assess gaps in the Quality Management System as it relates to Post Market Surveillance.
- Maintain Regulatory Affairs databases, input data and control access as needed
- Maintain regular status reports of regulatory activities
- Review and assess product complaints for adequate information to determine if event meets Regulatory reporting requirements
- Communicate and support other ZOLL facilities and business partners globally as required.
- Support Competent Authority inquiries, Adverse Event & Serious Injury reporting, and Risk Management activities world-wide.
- Assist in project management in collaboration with core team members
- Track and communicate project status to all stakeholders by preparing status reports and participating in update meetings
- Generate sound rationales for non-reportable events based on regulatory knowledge and/or clinical experience.
- Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees and customers
- Support auditing activities related to Post Market Surveillance
- Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and quality tools, in a medical device environment (preferred).
- Competent with MS Office, including Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio, and Word. Also operating with Oracle and Agile experience preferred.
- Knowledge of FDA QSR, 803, and MDD is required. 2-5 years’ experience in an FDA and ISO regulated to Post Market Surveillance environment preferred
- Ability to provide leadership, communicate and work effectively within a multi disciplined organization
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization
- Capable of mastering Post Market Surveillance software systems for submission.
- Must maintain company quality and quantity standards
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work in collaborative and independent work situations and environments with minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to work within defined deadlines
- Ability to work in collaborative and independent work situations and environments with minimal supervision.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects
- Action-orientated: Ability to take initiative to correct problems or make changes for improvement without waiting for direction.
- Proven ability to work successfully with other departments
Required Education and Experience:
- 6+ yrs. related experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred, or a comparable certification in Regulatory Affairs program.
ZOLL is a fast-growing company that operates in more than 140 countries around the world. Our employees are inspired by a commitment to make a difference in patients' lives, and our culture values innovation, self-motivation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Join us in our efforts to improve outcomes for underserved patients suffering from critical cardiopulmonary conditions and help save more lives.