Financial Planning Analyst
ZOLL Medical Corporation
Responsible for developing, maintaining, preparing, analyzing, and distributing essential financial reports and analytics to sales management. Identify and explain variances as they arise. Additional duties include assisting with the annual budget process as well as multi year business planning, supporting ad-hoc reporting needs, and supporting various projects as assigned.
- Assist with development, maintenance and preparation of monthly and quarterly financial reporting, including profit & loss and departmental reporting
- Prepare, analyze, and distribute revenue and margin reporting and analytics.
- Create and distribute internal financial reporting to sales management; respond to questions and be able to interpret financial data
- Support financial planning deliverables, such as forecasting, actuals reporting, variance analysis, and long-range planning
- Work closely with sales management in support of budget preparation and multi-year business planning
- Assist with the monthly, quarterly and annual planning and forecasting process.
- Prepare, analyze, and distribute orders, shipments, and backlog analyses.
- Develop and maintain dashboards and key metrics to monitor financial performance
- Analyze sales productivity, margins and operating expense trends, as well as identify areas of opportunity to improve results.
- Assists in the preparation of materials for monthly executive staff meetings and other leadership meetings
- Coordinate with IT to improve existing reporting.
- Liason with Finance team
- Support ad-hoc reporting and analysis needs as they arise.
- Support special projects as assigned.
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Advanced Excel skills
- Demonstrate financial modeling knowledge and skills
- Quantitative and problem-solving skills
- Basic accounting knowledge and concepts
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in B.A. with a concentration in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years of experience required in Accounting or Finance
- Practical core accounting tasks and work experience along with financial analysis
- Oracle, Oracle Business Intelligence, Hyperion, and/or Crystal Reports experience a plus