Manufacturing Engineering Co-Op
ZOLL Medical Corporation
The Operations group is offering a Co-Op assignment for 6-months, in which the student will report to Manufacturing Engineering Department and work cross functionally with various operations personnel on a variety of projects. As a Manufacturing Engineering Co-op, you will support the manufacturing of medical devices built at the ZOLL headquarters in Chelmsford MA. This include creating and updating production fixtures in CAD, documentation updates, work instruction updates, root cause investigation, and floor layouts.
You must be currently enrolled in a degree program, at the start of the co-op, to be considered for the position.
This position will be from January 2024 - August 2024
- Willing to work for cross functional teams (Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial and Quality engineering).
- Design parts, assemblies, and fixtures using 3D CAD (SolidWorks)
- The desire and ability to learn and apply Lean/6Sigma techniques to steer improvements to quality, cost and delivery
- Good interpersonal skills and well organized
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to understand, analyze and assess a wide variety of business and/or product concerns and determine logical actions
- Able to organize and present ideas in a convincing and compelling manner
- Contribute effectively to building and sustaining a collaborative environment, promoting commitment to achieve business goals
- Experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is essential
- Ability to work independently as well as take direction and complete tasks with or without help or supervision.
- Experience in creating engineering changes and validation activities a plus.
Required/ Preferred Education and Experience:
- In pursuit of Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing, Electrical Engineering or similar
- Minimum completion of first year with a minimum of 2.5 GPA.
- Direct experience in manufacturing or production environment is a plus.
- Authorized to work in U.S.