R&D Project Manager
ZOLL Medical Corporation
At ZOLL, we're passionate about improving patient outcomes and helping save lives.
We provide innovative technologies that make a meaningful difference in people's lives. Our medical devices, software and related services are used worldwide to diagnose and treat patients suffering from serious cardiopulmonary and respiratory conditions.
The Resuscitation division of ZOLL Medical Corporation develops and delivers innovative lifesaving products and software solutions to EMS, hospital, public safety, and military customers globally. Our dedicated employees take pride in their commitment to improving patient outcomes while delivering world-class customer service.
With customers in more than 140 countries, we are constantly expanding our reach as well as our product offerings. Physicians, nurses, emergency responders, public safety officers, and many others trust us to provide top-quality, lifesaving products and exceptional customer service. And because we know that ZOLL employees deliver, we are proud to invest in their success. We offer competitive compensation aligned with the industry and a comprehensive benefits package.
At ZOLL, you won’t just have a job. You’ll have a career—and a purpose.
Join our team. It’s a great time to be a part of ZOLL!
Based on priorities set by Program Directors, the Project Manager is responsible for the successful execution of major product development projects. This position plans, coordinates and leads the execution of activities to ensure that the goals and objectives of the project are accomplished within the prescribed timeframe and funding parameters. The position is technical in nature and the applicant must have an engineering background in order to manage and contribute to the development of new products. The projects that will be managed include a mix of new product development, product line extensions, and sustaining engineering releases.
- Lead the execution of assigned product development programs in accordance with established processes and procedures.
- Lead and motivate cross-functional team performance toward the goal of completing projects according to the defined objectives.
- Ability to balance electrical, mechanical, and software development issues at the system level. Must have the ability to implement projects outside technical area of expertise
- Develop detailed project work plans and schedules.
- Manage product requirements and traceability.
- Lead design review and risk management activities.
- Manage technical partners/ vendors supporting product development activities.
- Effectively utilize problem solving skills and techniques to identify potential issues, assess their impact, and develop and implement mitigation and resolution plans and activities.
- Employ excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills with all levels of personnel and management.
- Prepare and/or manage the preparation of all required project documentation.
- Facilitate and coordinate project team meetings and management presentations as required.
Required/Preferred Education and Experience
- BS degree in Engineering (Advanced degree preferred) preferred.
- 5+ years of experience as an engineer developing products, preferably in the medical device industry.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) PMP certification desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of global standards and regulations for Design Controls, Risk Management, and Electrical Safety for Medical Devices.
- Demonstrated aptitude for successfully managing multiple projects, of varying complexity, within the specified guidelines, timeframes and budgets.
- Demonstrated understanding of electrical, mechanical, and software engineering practices at the system level.
- Experience working within a phase-gate development process
ZOLL is a fast-growing company that operates in more than 140 countries around the world. Our employees are inspired by a commitment to make a difference in patients' lives, and our culture values innovation, self-motivation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Join us in our efforts to improve outcomes for underserved patients suffering from critical cardiopulmonary conditions and help save more lives.