VP, Manufacturing Technology
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2024
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers users to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives.
As a VP of Manufacturing Technology, you will work with WHOOP supply chain, hardware engineering, and financial departments, leading teams in Automated Test Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering and Capital Equipment+Tooling management during new product development and mass production phases encompassing Contract Manufacturers, and component suppliers in Electronic, Electro-Mechanical, and Mechanical categories located in Asia and North America.
- Control the technical interaction with contract manufacturers, from concept through execution stages for all of their testing, assembly and tooling deliverables
- Lead, manage and scale the Manufacturing Technology team
- Develop test and assembly cost and process performance, and related capacity prediction models reflecting each phase of a product life cycle
- Manage periodic reviews with strategic suppliers to discuss capacity plans, and key performance indicators related to manufacturing technology
- Constantly monitor deployed solutions performance to mitigate any potential supply or quality risks
- Publish KPIs for weekly, monthly, quarterly performance
- Monitor, audit and approve Contract Manufacturer quoting and billing regarding equipment and tooling spend
- Evaluate new trends in assembly and test automation to optimize process repeatability, quality and cost
- Partner with hardware engineering team to develop optimal manufacturing technology for new products
- Own GR&R gage repeatability and reproducibility for critical assembly or test processes within final assembly factories as well as critical to quality component sub-suppliers
- Collaborate with supply chain planning teams in maintaining assembly and test performance assumptions, incorporating them into the manufacturing plan of record
- Work collaboratively in a startup environment with a high performance supply chain and hardware engineering team
- BS degree in Engineering (electronics, mechatronics, mechanical or related field)
- MS in Advanced Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering or related field
- 12+ years of experience in manufacturing technology management in a CM/JDM/ODM environment where finished goods production is outsourced overseas, as well as internally vertically integrated.
- Knowledge in fitness wearables and associated manufacturing processes desired
- Demonstrable experience leading teams developing automated testing solutions (software and fixtures/hardware) including wireless protocols (bluetooth, NFC, wifi)
- Strong understanding and extensive experience working with Asia suppliers
- Bilingual English+Mandarin or English+Spanish language skills a strong plus
This role is based in the WHOOP office located in Boston, MA. The successful candidate must be prepared to relocate if necessary to work out of the Boston, MA office.
Interested in the role, but don’t meet every qualification? We encourage you to still apply! At WHOOP, we believe there is much more to a candidate than what is written on paper, and we value character as much as experience. As we continue to build a diverse and inclusive environment, we encourage anyone who is interested in this role to apply.
WHOOP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-verify to determine employment eligibility.