Industrial Designer I (Hardgoods)
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Friday, October 27, 2023
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers users to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives.
As an Industrial Designer I, Hardgoods + CMF at WHOOP you will help create the future of wearable technology. You are a talented and consumer-centric designer who will contribute to the evolution of our hardware and accessory ecosystem. You will also have a passion for color, material, finish and how it can evolve a product line over time.
**A portfolio of design is required for consideration. We highly value previous work that demonstrates consumer-focused innovation with a strong narrative. When applying, please include a link to the work samples in your resume.**
- Design Hardware and Accessory products, with member-focused benefits and narrative-driven concepts.
- Be a design stakeholder from conceptualization, through design, development, and through production confirmation.
- Work functionally as part of the Industrial Design and Apparel&Accessory team, collaborating, engaging, contributing to the team environment and culture
- Research direct competitor landscape for opportunities and insight in regards to features, benefits, and price points.
- Brainstorm on new concepts and contribute meaningfully to overall design approach and output.
- Collaborate closely with Apparel and Accessories business unit including product marketing, design, business planning, sourcing, and development to deliver compelling end-to-end concepts and innovations.
- Collaborate closely with Mechanical Engineering Hardware teams when necessary to ensure cohesiveness across design, development and manufacturing
- Create color, material, finish presentations to help define future executions
- Create high quality imagery and visuals for internal and external use
- 1-3 years of related experience
- Experience utilizing 2D design platforms such as Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Figma
- Experience utilizing 3D CAD programs, Solidworks, Keyshot, 3D printing
- Strong knowledge of fabric, trims, and hardware.
- Knowledge of packaging design a plus
- Collaborative by nature, able to elevate the work of their peers and allow their own work to be elevated by others
- A high degree of technical knowledge balanced with creative ability and a hands-on approach.
- Experience working with and partnering with factories overseas to launch products a plus
- Highly organized and eager to work in a fast-paced, boundless business
This role is based in the WHOOP office located in Boston, MA. The successful candidate must be prepared to relocate if necessary to work out of the Boston, MA office.
Interested in the role, but don’t meet every qualification? We encourage you to still apply! At WHOOP, we believe there is much more to a candidate than what is written on paper, and we value character as much as experience. As we continue to build a diverse and inclusive environment, we encourage anyone who is interested in this role to apply.
WHOOP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-verify to determine employment eligibility.