Hardware Engineering Project Manager
Other Engineering, Operations
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Friday, October 27, 2023
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers members to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives.
As a Hardware Engineering Project Manager at WHOOP, you will be a part of the Hardware Team, which includes Mechanical, Electrical, Embedded, and Signal Processing engineers. You will be tasked with overseeing the successful completion of sustaining engineering projects driven by innovative and unique implementation of physiological sensing technologies. These projects will encompass everything from cost downs and yield improvements to full electromechanical redesigns.
- Drive sustaining projects from kickoff through product launch
- Develop project plans consistent with WHOOP goals and requirements for product performance, schedule, and cost
- Work with Engineering, Manufacturing, and Supply Chain to ensure smooth transitions between projects with minimal waste and downtime.
- Coordinate the execution of engineering builds with internal and external manufacturing partners
- Understand technical issues to facilitate resolution of project blockers
- Bring together key stakeholders to facilitate timely and lasting decision-making
- Refine the WHOOP Sustaining Engineering Process to enable execution of projects in an organized, methodical, and predictable manner
- Identify and manage project risks and issues, ensuring mitigations are in place to reduce potential impacts
- Facilitate cross-functional communication across WHOOP for project awareness and understanding
- Engineering degree
- 4+ years of industry experience in the area of consumer electronic product development
- Have successfully launched at least one hardware product with cross functional dependencies, either as an engineer or project manager
- Working knowledge of the different lead times and process flows for developing and sourcing product components
- Experience communicating with Engineering, Manufacturing, and external partners both domestically and internationally
- Innovative, knowledgeable, and able to adapt to changing requirements
- Strong oral and written interpersonal skills
This role is based in the WHOOP office located in Boston, MA. The successful candidate must be prepared to relocate if necessary to work out of the Boston, MA office.
Interested in the role, but don’t meet every qualification? We encourage you to still apply! At WHOOP, we believe there is much more to a candidate than what is written on paper, and we value character as much as experience. As we continue to build a diverse and inclusive environment, we encourage anyone who is interested in this role to apply.
WHOOP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-verify to determine employment eligibility.