Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2023
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers members to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives.
WHOOP is hiring a QA Manager to build and lead a team of Software Developer Engineers in Test (SDET) and QA Engineers to ensure end to end quality across our Core Physiology teams to achieve business goals. This exciting role will work closely with Engineering, Signal Processing and Data Science to ensure end to end quality of features and a reliable service.
This role reports to the Director of Quality Assurance.
- Participate in the development and implementation of QA policies, procedures, and standards to monitor and measure overall quality of the product and systems
- Lead and manage the Core Physiology QA team with proper resourcing while supporting the objectives of the group: recruiting, training, developing of people
- Own end-to-end testing process to ensure adherence to best practices and ensure no gaps occurred between teams hand over
- Participate in the creation of goals and performance metrics for the team identifying trends and patterns to proactively address potential quality issues before release
- Represent QA Core Physiology team during all feature lifecycle from planning, designing, executing, and delivering
- Regularly report testing progress, defect identification, and resolution to leadership and peers
- Executes primarily with a data-driven approach and brings in qualitative thinking based on visual and interactive designs
- Leverage technologies suited for verifying systems and procedures for traceability
- Help the team develop proper validation procedures for data based features and ensure we have a comprehensive breath of coverage
- Develop feedback loops with members and member-facing teams to stay abreast of emerging issues
- 7+ years of quality assurance experience in both automation and manual testing
- Experience in IoT testing from a user lens
- Experience managing individual contributors, vendors, and cross-functional teams
- Experience or interest in Quality Management Systems for regulatory compliance (QMS)
- Track record of setting goals, motivating teams to achieve them, and delivering results in ambiguous and fast paced environments
- Ability to adeptly prioritize and manage multiple projects, vendors, and stakeholders
- Knowledge of JIRA or similar tracking technologies
- Strong business acumen and technical knowledge
This role is based in the WHOOP office located in Boston, MA. The successful candidate must be prepared to relocate if necessary to work out of the Boston, MA office.
Interested in the role, but don’t meet every qualification? We encourage you to still apply! At WHOOP, we believe there is much more to a candidate than what is written on paper, and we value character as much as experience. As we continue to build a diverse and inclusive environment, we encourage anyone who is interested in this role to apply.
WHOOP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-verify to determine employment eligibility.