Group Product Manager (Health)
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Sunday, July 9, 2023
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers members to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives. WHOOP is seeking a Group Product Manager to drive the strategy, roadmap, and delivery of features across a group of software development teams.
In this “player/coach” role, you will be responsible for driving the development and evolution of many of our core physiological and coaching features (Health, Behavior/Habits, and Women’s Health), which are essential to our product and provide our members with personalized insights and guidance. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, including software and hardware engineering, design, research, marketing, analytics, and performance science, to create and deliver high-quality and innovative products that meet our members' needs and exceed their expectations. In addition to driving feature development forward, the Group Product Manager will be responsible for overseeing the work of other product managers within the group.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class team of professionals who are passionate about making a difference in people's lives. You will also have the chance to shape the future of WHOOP and the industry as a whole, as we continue to innovate and pioneer new technologies and approaches to performance optimization and positive health outcomes.
- Set a product strategy and roadmap with measurable goals for a group of development teams
- Ensure each team within the group is aligned on how to drive the broader strategy forward
- Facilitate ideation, development and delivery for new products and improvements across mobile, web, and back-end infrastructure
- Gather customer needs and feedback through frequent research and feedback loops
- Synthesize research, analysis, design and stakeholder feedback into detailed product requirements
- Drive group to deliver a healthy and efficient cadence of product releases
- Consistently deliver against success metrics and quantitative outcomes for the entire group
- Directly manage a small team of product managers, provide regular coaching, guidance, and feedback to ensure consistent quality across the entire group
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, emerging technologies, and competitive offerings, and leverage the knowledge to identify opportunities and risks for the product and the business.
- Regularly obsess over the member experience and drive that level of obsession across your team and the org at large
- 7+ years building and scaling digital products, with experience managing other product managers
- Deep analytical, prioritization, and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of human physiology and the science of fitness and wellness, with a passion for applying this knowledge to product development and user engagement, strongly preferred
- Proven track record of identifying customer and business needs and converting them into application and operational requirements
- Strong product sense and high customer empathy with an ability to envision opportunities that address user needs
- Curious, positive attitude, and passionate about the fitness and wellness space. Past experience in the space strongly preferred
- Experience with consumer mobile products preferred
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex concepts and ideas in a clear and concise manner, and to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with the ability to think creatively and take calculated risks, and to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Passion for health, fitness, and wellness, and a strong alignment with WHOOP's mission and values
This role is based in the WHOOP office located in Boston, MA. The successful candidate must be prepared to relocate if necessary to work out of the Boston, MA office.
Interested in the role, but don’t meet every qualification? We encourage you to still apply! At WHOOP, we believe there is much more to a candidate than what is written on paper, and we value character as much as experience. As we continue to build a diverse and inclusive environment, we encourage anyone who is interested in this role to apply.
WHOOP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-verify to determine employment eligibility