Software Engineering Manager (Growth)
Software Engineering, Other Engineering, Sales & Business Development
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Friday, April 21, 2023
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers members to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives.
As the Growth Engineering Manager at WHOOP, you will play a critical role in driving the growth of our business, with a focus on member acquisition and subscription management. You will lead and manage a team of engineers responsible for developing features and initiatives to optimize member acquisition, retention, and revenue generation. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, including product management, design, finance, and marketing to develop and execute growth strategies.
On the people management side, you will manage and mentor a team of engineers, provide regular performance feedback, and ensure professional development and growth. You will work to foster a culture of innovation, teamwork, psychological safety, and continuous learning. You are responsible for promoting a positive work environment where all team members feel valued, supported, and empowered to do their best work.
- Leading and managing a team of engineers responsible for developing features
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to ensure the successful delivery of these features.
- Defining technical strategy, architecture, and design for product features.
- Ensuring the engineering team adheres to best practices, standards, and processes for software development, testing, and deployment.
- Driving continuous improvement initiatives to optimize the engineering team's productivity, quality, and efficiency.
- Providing mentorship, guidance, and coaching to team members to ensure their professional development and growth.
- Fostering a culture of innovation, teamwork, psychological safety, and continuous learning.
- Experience as a software developer with experience operating in a leadership role.
- Strong technical skills in software development, testing, and deployment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Passion for wearable technology and a desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment.
Find out more about us: "WHOOP Software Principles"
This role is based in the WHOOP office located in Boston, MA. The successful candidate must be prepared to relocate if necessary to work out of the Boston, MA office.
Interested in the role, but don’t meet every qualification? We encourage you to still apply! At WHOOP, we believe there is much more to a candidate than what is written on paper, and we value character as much as experience. As we continue to build a diverse and inclusive environment, we encourage anyone who is interested in this role to apply.
WHOOP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-verify to determine employment eligibility.
See more open positions at WHOOP
Something looks off?