Artificial Intelligence / Data Science (Internship)
Software Engineering, Data Science
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, April 7, 2020
Summary: We are looking for an Intern within our Artificial Intelligence team who is keen on contributing to critical projects that eventually can improve dental health of millions of people.
Our Mission: VideaHealth is on the mission to improve the lives of billions of people around the globe. We do this by bringing Artificial Intelligence powered solutions to the world of dentistry.
About Us:Our MIT & Harvard research has shown that dentists miss up to 50% of dental diseases, leading to delayed treatments and significant health risks. We are changing this. Spun out of MIT, we are a team of business operators, engineers, AI scientists, and clinicians bringing AI-powered software to dentists and insurances. VideaHealth’s solutions are already used by many leading Dental Chains and Insurers to improve the quality of care through better diagnoses, lower operating costs, and improved patient understanding. We are supported by some of the best investors in the world, having raised over $26M in Venture Capital from Tier 1 investors such as Spark Capital (Twitter, SnapChat, SmileDirectClub), Zetta Venture (Kaggle) and Pillar VC (PathAI), as well as angel investors such as Frederic Kerrest (Co-founder of Okta). Our work has been featured in TechCrunch, Wall Street Journal, and many other outlets. We are looking for ambitious, collaborative, self-starters to join us in making an impact on this world!
About the position: This Internship position is for at least 3 months with flexible start time and can be set up remote, if circumstances require. You will be part of the AI team at VideaHealth, where you will closely work within the team of Machine Learning engineers on a well defined project that is focused, dependent on the candidate, around Deep Learning or Data Science. We are looking for a curious candidate with a background in Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science who wants to have an impact on human health. You will learn from a diverse team of experts while being challenged with applied, real-world technical problems involving the development and implementation of state of the art algorithms and the analyses of large datasets.
- Share a collaborative work culture in which you can gain experience and grow your technical skills
- Offer exposure to technical challenges that have not been described in a text book yet
- Define a highly relevant, impactful internship project that you own, based on your interest and background
- Are flexible on the length of the internship (at least 3 months) and remote work, if required.
- Are enrolled in or have recently completed a M.S. or PhD program in Computer Science or related field
- Are seeking to have an impact on people's health
- Have hands-on experience in building deep learning and/or data pipelines
- Are familiar with Python
- Are curious to learn and take on your own project
- Have strong communication skills and want to contribute to our company culture
Our Company Values
• We are ambitious in our mission. We want to bring better health to millions of people globally by changing dentistry through AI.
• This is more than a job: We are motivated by our responsibility to patients and customers.
• We are selfless in the pursuit of our collective mission, balancing and prioritizing company goals ahead of individual goals when necessary to ensure company success.
• We adapt, persevere, and finesse our way through roadblocks and find a way to continue moving forward.
Championship Team Mentality:
• We support each other on our journey forward, and actively look for ways to collaborate and learn from each other to help our customers overcome their challenges while building an exceptional team and productive environment.
• Feedback is a gift: We motivate each other to do our best work and give, receive and welcome constructive feedback with positive intent.
• We are drivers and not passengers: Regardless of our job descriptions we observe what needs to be done and spring to action.
• We celebrate our successes and learn from our mistakes as a team.
Strive for Excellence:
• We strive for excellence in what we do: We act with a sense of urgency, with high standards, and constantly learn.
• We have a sense of urgency. If something can benefit from action now, it should be done promptly
• We keep ourselves to a high standard of working smart, perfecting our craft, and driving hard while balancing this out for individual long-term resilience.
• We have a growth mindset as individuals and as a team, we think about how can we do something better or faster and how can we learn.