Vicarious Surgical is hiring a Project Manager to join our team in Waltham, MA. In this role, you will work closely with the software engineering teams managing key projects as we work towards bringing our product to market. As the Project Manager for the embedded, robot control, and GUI software team you will provide daily support to the scrum ceremonies, produce metrics, and support a blend of traditional waterfall and agile development practices. You will also lead the Program Increment planning for the software organization.
Vicarious Surgical is a next generation robotics company developing a disruptive technology with the goal of increasing the efficiency of surgical procedure, improving patient outcomes and reducing healthcare costs.
- Align with multiple projects simultaneously and as a part of a broader system development plan, blending waterfall hardware development with Agile software development.
- Drive accountability and execution of team members to project priorities through the daily scrum ceremonies.
- Accountable for team performance reporting, JIRA sprint and epic metrics, at the software organization and functional team level.
- Internal champion for Agile software approach, coaching team members as required.
- Report project status to stakeholders and senior management.
- Facilitate Program Increment planning by guiding technical teams to resource and scope effectively based on program priorities.
- Proactively identify and escalate risks, issues and concerns to appropriate functional leadership.
- Partner with cross-functional leadership to maintain project alignment and execution.
- Complete lessons-learned analysis at the end of each project cycle.
- Support software backlog including triage of bugs/defects.
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be openly raised and resolved, including productive conflict resolution.
- Gain cooperation and commitment from people through influence, not authority.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or related field.
- 3+ years of overall work experience, experience in the medical device industry preferred, with proven success organizing Agile software teams with scrum.
- Agile/Scrum software project management required.
- Experience developing firmware or embedded software for capital equipment or complex electro-mechanical systems strongly preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Project, Office, Jira (or equivalent), and Powerpoint.
- Excellent organizational skills demonstrated in past projects.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong influence management, facilitation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency and a drive for results.
- Working knowledge of ISO 62304 and defect management processes preferred.
- Motivational and leadership skills to keep the team engaged and executing on schedule.
- Solid analytical skills to solve problems that come up during a typical day.
Together, we share a love for learning and we are passionate teachers. As a company, we set ambitious goals and individually, we share in that ambition. At the office, we enjoy each other’s company during monthly socials and company celebrations.
Please note that at Vicarious Surgical, we follow COVID-19 safety protocol, which may include compliance with vaccination, testing and masking requirements.