Medical Robotics Assembler
Vicarious Surgical is hiring a Medical Robotics Assembler to join our team in Waltham, MA.
Vicarious Surgical is a next generation robotics company developing a disruptive technology with the goal of increasing the efficiency of surgical procedure, improving patient outcomes and reducing healthcare costs.
This role is based in our Waltham, MA office with working hours of Monday through Friday 7am-3:30pm (with some flexibility). This is a temporary-to-hire position that will be eligible for benefits, bonus and equity after a 90 day temporary work period. Pay starts at $25-$28/hr, based on experience.
- Assembly of electro/mechanical components.
- Ability to follow manufacturing procedures, bills of materials, assembly drawings and routings.
- Implement documentation updates as required through the Engineering Change Order process.
- Work closely with Manufacturing, Engineering and QA departments to assure proper assembly.
- Knowledge of ESD practices and procedures.
- Ability to work under magnification equipment on small integrated components.
- Assist the R&D group with projects to further improve product performance.
- Knowledge of FDA QRS/GMP’s & ISO 13485 & 9001 requirements.
- Maintain the working production area and support the organization as needed.
- Manage workload to assure products are delivered on-time and in a quality manner.
- Maintain service/device records for each robot/device assembled.
- 3+ years of overall work experience of electro/mechanical assembler preferably in the medical device industry.
- Experience working in a clean room environment.
- Demonstrated detailed root cause analysis troubleshooting skills.
- The ability to evaluate and troubleshoot complex electromechanical instruments.
- Ability to interpret schematics and drawings, perform modifications and accomplish rework to new and used subassemblies and systems.
- Experience handling and assembling microscopic pieces (previous hands-on experience with small features, measuring down to fractions of a millimeter).
- Ability to hand solder components onto a printed circuit board.
- Good oral and written communication skills and ability to learn and teach others are essential as is a strong work ethic, positive attitude.
Together, we share a love for learning and we are passionate teachers. As a company, we set ambitious goals and individually, we share in that ambition. At the office, we enjoy each other’s company during happy hours, catered lunches and company celebrations.
Please note that at Vicarious Surgical, we follow COVID-19 safety protocol, which may include compliance with vaccination, testing and masking requirements.