The Pricing Manager is responsible for supporting pricing execution by partnering with leaders and staff across multiple functions to identify areas of price opportunity, lead data and market driven analytics to support price decisions, develop pricing improvement recommendations, and provide execution support. The Pricing Manager role will: 1) Price new and existing customer deals, 2) Model and analyze data to support client negotiations, enforce best-in-class processes including RFP management and contract governance, 3) Compile and evaluate competitive data and develop and marketplace reports to influence product line, segment, customer and business unit decision making, 4) Develop and maintain governance, performance and pricing documentation.
- Develop and release new and updated pricing and associated guidance/delegation to the Sales team and Contracts team.
- Create financial models to analyze and forecast the impact to product and portfolio profitability of proposed pricing actions.
- Institute new techniques, systems, and best practices in price modeling, value-based pricing, pricing execution, and data (predictive) analytics and reporting.
- Define and launch new pricing governance and processes to improve efficiency and effective of pricing and quoting processes.
- Lead or support ad hoc research projects incorporating project design, data collection and analysis, summarization of findings, and presentation of results.
- Develop and support other complex models, analysis, and reporting related to pricing, profitability, and cash flow projections.
- Respond to pricing exception requests with thoughtful and timely recommendations which demonstrate sound business judgement.
- Act as subject matter expert on pricing and analytical topics.
- Support the development of other pricing team members through knowledge sharing and mentoring.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required. MBA preferred
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in related finance and/or product management roles and a minimum of 2 years of pricing experience
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent end-to-end generalist problem solving skills, including developing logical, actionable recommendations
- Highly analytical thinker, with the ability to operate at both strategic and tactical levels as required
- Ability to influence and lead cross business unit/function projects with limited supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills and capable of interacting effectively at all levels of the organization
- Attention to detail and data accuracy; comfort juggling dynamic and complex work.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work outside normal business hours at times depending upon workload
- Strong financial modeling skills with a high level of Excel proficiency
- Experience with data analytics tools a plus
- Technology/Digital product company experience a plus
- Some light travel required. Up to 5%.