Payroll Coordinator - Canada Payroll
LOCATION: Remote California; or Remote U.S. locations
You will play an important role in the payroll operations of our company. You will manage the administration and record-keeping of all company payroll activities. This includes the processing of payrolls, handling discrepancies and errors, responding to employee pay inquiries, and ensuring adherence to company policies and legal requirements. Our top priority is to ensure employees are paid. You will report to the Manager, Payroll.
This role will support payroll in Canada.
· Process company payroll on a bi-weekly basis, ensuring accurate payments.
· Maintain and update payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
· Ensure all payroll transactions are processed efficiently and accurately, recording entries.
· Review and verify source documents for accuracy and adjust data for payroll discrepancies.
· Complete payroll reports for record-keeping purposes and/or distribution to financial team members.
· Assist in the resolution of employee inquiries and grievances related to payroll.
· Contribute to the ongoing development and implementation of payroll procedures and policies.
· Conduct regular audits on payroll procedures and records.
· Liaise with HR and accounting departments.
· Maintain confidentiality and secure payroll operations by following established protocols.
Education: A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or similar relevant field, or equivalent work experience.
· 5+ experience as a Payroll Specialist, Payroll Administrator, or similar role.
· Experience building v-lookups and pivot tables in Excel.
· Experience working with payroll software systems.
· Understanding of the calculation of payroll taxes, insurance, and benefits.
· Knowledge of payroll best practices, tax procedures, and laws.
· Mathematical and numerical skills.
· Experience working with confidential information.
· FPC (Fundamental Payroll Certification) or CPP (Certified Payroll Professional)
· Experience working with Workday, ADP GlobalView or ADP Smart Compliance.
Compensation:Target salary range CA, CT, CO, NY, WA:: $59,900-$82,750
Wolters Kluwer offers a wide variety of competitive benefits and programs to help meet your needs and balance your work and personal life, including but not limited to: Medical, Dental, & Vision Plans, 401(k), FSA/HSA, Commuter Benefits, Tuition Assistance Plan, Vacation and Sick Time, and Paid Parental Leave. Full details of our benefits are available upon request.