Director, Networking - (Remote) Strong Cloud / Network Operations / Cloud Infrastructure / Global Exp.
About The Role:
The Director, Network Operations position manages and operates the global network of Wolters Kluwer to deliver high quality network performance for its users and applications.
The role requires expertise and a strong track record of success in managing a hybrid network with both traditional & cloud-based network technologies, with rapidly increasing emphasis on Cloud based technologies. Wolters Kluwer has embarked on a multi-year ‘Journey to the Cloud’ and the Director, Network Operations will play a key role in this program and assist Wolters Kluwer in making this transition.
It is a highly technical and functional role, combining industry knowledge of best practices in Networking and cloud technology with leadership & day-to-day management of internal and external staff of Network Engineers across North America, Europe and Asia Pac. This is a critical leadership role that reports directly to the VP, IT Infrastructure and Operations.
What You'll Do:
- Lead management and operations of Wolters Kluwer’s global hybrid network.
- Build a global team of highly skilled network engineers & provide leadership and day-to-day management towards overall service delivery.
- Ensure delivery of stable and reliable network services by meeting optimized SLA’s and timely delivery of operational Projects, Incidents, Changes and Requests.
- Maintain high operational hygiene through timely upgrade of network equipment, development and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures, timely reporting of operational performance etc.
- Drive the resolution of network related Major Incidents in a timely and effective manner and ensure the ability to recover quickly in case of a disaster.
- Create strong emphasis on the delivery of network performance to a hybrid user base and mission-critical applications.
- Develop a proactive culture and behavior through identification and resolution of issues through network performance monitoring and alerting & continuous network performance analysis and optimization.
- Identify underlying problems that impact (or may impact) network uptime and performance and drive effective resolution to these problems.
- Deliver improved agility and performance through focus on automation of manual operational activities, especially in a Cloud.
- Collaborate with other leaders in Operations, Global Information Security and Workplace Technology & Applications Delivery to deliver best end to end solutions & outcomes for the organization.
- Acts as a mentor for the team, guiding them to continuously learn and adopt new network and cloud technologies.
What You Bring To The Team:
- A proactive thinking, approach and behavior.
- Passion and Energy to rally a team to turn a vision into a reality.
- Empower the team to understand and be comfortable with failing fast and learning from failures to fully realize and maximize innovative spirit of the team.
- Establish decisive decision making utilizing strategic thinking and guidance from stakeholders and teams utilizing and supporting services.
- Customer-focused mindset – drive the team to work together to solve real problems for our customers and users.
- A strong focus on the details, by coaching and influencing the team to pay attention to the details.
- Bring focus on identifying, building, and effectively tracking efficiencies, via metrics, for enterprise services.
Job Qualifications & Experience:
- 10+ years of experience in a traditional and cloud-based networking and network security with at least 5 years in managing teams.
- Strong experience in Cloud based (Azure, AWS) networking is required.
- 5 or more years of experience in a large, global environment is preferred.
- In depth expertise & experience with the following network technology domain areas.
- Required expertise:
- Cloud Based Networking including Virtual Networks, VPN Gateway, DNS, Traffic Manager/Route 53, Express Routes, Load Balancers, Private Links, Private Endpoints, Network Flow Logs, WAFs
- Software Defined WAN, Cloud WAN, Peering Points, Remote Access Services/VPN
- Web Content Filtering (Zscaler).
- Content Delivery Networks like Cloudflare, CloudFront, Imperva
- IP Addressing/DDI (Schemas, VLANS, DNS, DHCP, IPAM)/ Infoblox
- Highly Preferred skills
- WIFI/ Wireless Technologies, Wireless Controllers, Switches, Firewalls
- Cisco ISE, Network Access Controls and Authentication, SSE, Zero Trust Network Access, Network Routing & Segmentation
- Monitoring tools like SolarWinds, Thousand Eyes, Cisco DNA, PRTG
- Soft Skills
- Strong communications (oral and written) and relationship skills across all levels.
- Ability to effectively collaborate & interact with internal customers, peers, staff, vendors and others.
- Ability to demonstrate adaptability by ability to adapt to changes & unexpected situations, and effectively manage competing demands.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, meet deadlines and schedules, set priorities, work as part of a team and adapt to the changing work priorities.
Education & Certifications
- BS /MS or equivalent work experience
- Cloud networking certifications are strongly preferred
Position requires occasional domestic and international travel
Why join Wolters Kluwer...Because culture is everything
- We are proud to be publicly recognized as a “Top Employer” and “Forbes Best Employer” year after year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
- We live our values. Our values propel us to put the customer at the center of everything we do, honor our commitment to continuous improvement and innovation, aim high and deliver the right results, and most importantly: win as a team.
- Team members truly want the best for each other and the company. People are happy to share their insights and lend help when needed.
- Our commitment to diversity and inclusion runs deep. We actively seek out those with different perspectives and consciously take steps to ensure everyone has a voice. We want to make the best, most innovative products and solutions and we need multiple perspectives to do that.
- Continuous education and learning opportunities are a critical priority at Wolters Kluwer with Certification paths such as cloud providers certifications, DevOps certifications, Scrum master certifications, etc.
- We believe in a strong Community and encourage team-building events like the Global Code Games, network events and Wolters Kluwer’s Value Days.
- We also have a strong remote culture and many of our teams work remotely and/or in a hybrid work offices.
Wolters Kluwer is a global provider of professional information, software solutions, and services for clinicians, nurses, accountants, lawyers, and tax, finance, audit, risk, compliance, and regulatory sectors. For 187 years, Wolters Kluwer has been innovating the way professionals and businesses work. Our employees are at the cornerstone of bringing our vision to life.
Our pursuit of excellence coupled with the pride we take in our work, enables our customers to solve their most critical problems. At Wolters Kluwer we encourage you to be your unique self, bring your ideas to life, learn, develop, and thrive. We offer you a world of endless opportunities. Join us and build a brighter future!