Head of Process Modeling
Head of Process Modeling
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"At Sanofi, We are guided by a deep appreciation and understanding of what it means to live with a rare blood disorder, and we learn by listening to the community – patients, caregivers physicians, and other healthcare professionals."
"Patients are at the center of all that we do at Sanofi. Our teams are focused on advancing transformational therapies that can address serious unmet needs for people living with rare blood disorders, and expanding global patient access to our medicines."
We are seeking a highly motivated Process Modeling leader to join our Data Science group, as part of the global CMC process development organization in Sanofi R&D.
With a formal background as a process engineer you will have a strong track record of transformative process modeling & simulation project implementation and have demonstrated experience in leading teams of modeling experts across sites and geographies.
This position requires a strong change agent mentality with a personal drive for innovation and introduction of new technologies. In this role your will leverage automation/high throughput experimentation to enable in-silico process development, advanced process control and digital twin functionalities to accelerate our process development timelines and increase our overall productivity. As Process Modeling leader you will define and implement the strategy to embed such new ways of working as a core elements of process development activities and control strategy definition.
As part of the global Data Science department, you will collaborate directly with data scientists and digital experts to embed empirical and mechanistic modeling in the day-to-day activities of process development, directly contributing to the data centric culture of process development at Sanofi. Beyond technical skills you will also have a solid track record in project management with an ability to communicate with transparency with your peers and with senior stakeholders.
This cross functional role will require intellectual agility to work across site/function boundaries in an international environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to demonstrate the benefits of systems modeling and data science in a cutting-edge scientific department developing the next generation of Sanofi medicines that will improve the quality of life for patients across the world.
- Process engineer with a PhD in process modeling and 10 years industrial / academic experience, or MSc with 15 years’ experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing team of scientific experts
- Strong scientific track record in systems modeling and process simulations
- Knowledge in application of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence methodologies
- Domain knowledge in Biologics with direct experience in either upstream or downstream development or manufacturing
- Digitally savvy with hands-on knowledge in expert platforms supporting process modeling, data analytics (e.g. Matlab, Python)
- Extensive scientific network within academia and industry, via contribution to recognized consortia
- Learning agility, with an appetite for building new skills in a rapidly evolving Digital environment
- A change agent mentality, proposing novel approach to challenging scientific questions
- A true team player, engaging other scientists with complementary skill sets
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to work in a multicultural, international environment
- PhD applied to the field of Biochemical engineering
- Experience in Advanced Process Control and automation
- Experience with Digital Transformation initiatives
Pursue progress, discover extraordinary
Better is out there. Better medications, better outcomes, better science. But progress doesn’t happen without people – people from different backgrounds, in different locations, doing different roles, all united by one thing: a desire to make miracles happen. So, let’s be those people.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have not saved any jobs.