Capital Project Management Lead
Why Patients Need You
Whether you are involved in the design and development of manufacturing processes for products or supporting maintenance and reliability, engineering is vital to making sure customers and patients have the medicines they need, when they need them. Working with our innovative engineering team, you will help bring medicines to the world even faster by imagining what’s possible and taking action.
What You Will Achieve
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Project and Contract Management the Capital Project Management Lead is a key strategic role for the successful delivery of the Andover capital plan. The Capital Project Management Lead is responsible for the ensuring the capital needs of each business function are met through resource management, optimized work practices and the implementation of best-in-class capital management systems.
The Capital Project Management Lead will ensure alignment of the capital plan with the requirements of each functional area in terms of departmental goals and objectives, customer needs, technology objectives, and company goals. The Capital Project Management Lead will partner with CI champions within the relevant disciplines to continually look to improve work processes within the project delivery lifecycle to align the Andover site for successful delivery of multifaceted and complex projects.
How You Will Achieve It
- Manage Capital Planning and budgeting, collaborating with the Project Portfolio Lead, Projects Manager and Asset Management Sponsor.
- Validate business cases / cost estimates for proposed capital projects ensuring proposal agreement from internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the Asset Management Sponsor in the preparation of annual budgets and effort allocation plans as required.
- Provide oversight for site capital program ~>$40M annually.
- Provide detailed costs analysis and evaluation of project justifications.
- Participate in high-level resources planning for capital project execution.
- Implement resource management systems within the capital engineering function to ensure established priorities are appropriately resourced.
- Review and approve all project execution plans to ensure optimum execution strategy is agreed and implemented at project concept stage and followed throughout CPMP lifecycle.
- Responsible for ensuring all capital engineering activities on site are fully compliant with quality, regulation and EHS requirements.
- Leverage Capital Project delivery models’ best practices from across the network to align the capital engineering function to best deliver on business needs.
- Collaborate with EMU & PGE to determine the proper in-house or externally contracted engineering resources required to support the capital needs for the appropriate planning horizon.
- Develop and oversee project plans and schedules that are within allocated resource levels and focus on the areas of process improvement, project timing, technical, cost, and quality initiatives.
- Ensure that site-wide standards and expectations for project and portfolio management are followed within their respective Asset Management area.
- Support the effort to improve project management approach as well as the processes and systems addressed through projects.
- Advocate for project related resources from functional EMU groups.
- Review status of ongoing projects, progress with developing new projects, tracking or benefits of completed projects, and set priorities.
- Represent Andover in Pfizer Global Engineering forums, including IMEX Capital Ecosystem and other network engineering community engagements as required.
- Applicant must have a High School Diploma (or Equivalent) and 10 years of relevant experience OR an associates degree with 8 years of experience OR a bachelors with at least 5 years of experience OR Masters Degree with more than 3 years of experience, OR a PhD with 0+ years of experience.
- Knowledge of regulations applicable to the pharmaceutical industry for example FDA and EPA
- Strong Managerial or Supervisory experience in Engineering / Manufacturing
- Proven ability to develop a team of technical resources to deliver on business needs
Nice to Have
- Engineering experience in a multi-faceted, complex, fast placed pharmaceutical manufacturing operation
- Strong leadership and communication skills are needed. Demonstrated examples of key leadership competencies including: focus on performance, creating an inclusive environment, fostering open discussion and debate, manage change and the development of people
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at any given time and working within a matrix organization is required.
Proper PPE will be a must.
The ability to work in a Construction Project Environment.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Standard Monday - Friday on 1st shift. Travel to other Pfizer locations will be required periodically as part of this role.
Work Location Assignment: On Premise
OTHER JOB DETAILS
- Last Date to Apply for Job: November 27, 2023
- Referral Bonus Eligibility: YES
- Eligible for Relocation Package: YES
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.