Why Patients Need You
Everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to the quality and the delivery of safe and effective products to patients. Our science and risk-based compliant quality culture is flexible, innovative, and customer oriented. Whether you are involved in development, maintenance, compliance or analysis through research programs, your contribution will directly impact patients.
What You Will Achieve
Pfizer’s BioMedicine Design group (BMD) is seeking a creative and driven Scientist to join our efforts in the development of novel RNA therapeutic platforms. The candidate will play an essential role in providing molecular biology expertise and contribute to innovation in engineering and development of the next generation RNA therapeutics such as circRNA, saRNA and others. This candidate will work in a dynamic group of innovative scientists to push the boundary of RNA design, stability and translation efficiency. This candidate will have a background in RNA Biology. They will be self-motivated, demonstrate intellectual curiosity and thrive in a collaborative setting. They will be proficient in molecular cloning, developing and implementing molecular biology as well as biochemical strategies to support creative RNA design, structural and functional evaluation for an array of therapeutic applications.
How You Will Achieve
- Explore and identify new RNA design strategies to develop circular and other RNA molecules expressing genes of interest
- Support plasmid vector cloning and RNA production as needed to evaluate novel designs
- Drive technology innovation: design and implement molecular biology strategies to enable small scale analysis of RNAs
- Proactively collaborate and coordinate cross-functional project activities including evaluation of emerging technologies
- Develop and maintain working relationships across multidisciplinary teams in BMD and other therapeutic discovery and research teams
- Routinely provide updates at internal and cross-functional project meetings
- Possess excellent communication and record-keeping skills
- BS with 4 or more years or MS with 2 or more years of relevant experience in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biology, Biomedical Sciences, or a related discipline
- Hands-on experience with RNA design, in vitro production and QC, biochemical and biophysical evaluation, and molecular cloning
- Experience in gene therapy, RNA therapeutics and LNP delivery is highly desired
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to work effectively in cross functional teams
- Organized, detail oriented, multi-task, and remain flexible with changing needs
- Must be self-motivated and able to work under strict timelines
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.