Sr. Application Engineer (Data Warehouse)
Persivia is seeking an experienced Sr. Application Engineer (Data Warehouse) who will be responsible for validating, modifying, developing, and implementing clinical information from large EMR and HIE data sets into the Persivia data warehouses. Working with the Implementation team, this role will be responsible for establishing and documenting the rules and standards for data warehousing-related activities, as well as establishing key performance indicators (KPIs) and data security procedures related to clinical data. The role will also provide client-facing support related to the patient’s data. Note that while this position will be involved in the formulation and enforcement of company data-related policies, this is not a managerial role, rather it is an individual contributor data warehouse engineering role.
• Working with the Implementation team to establish and enforce data governance policies, standards, and procedures to ensure data integrity throughout the organization, as well as defining data ownership, data quality standards, and data management best practices.
• Developing and implementing data quality checks and controls to identify and rectify data integrity issues. This includes data profiling, data cleansing, and data validation techniques to improve the overall quality of data.
• Defining and implementing data validation procedures to ensure that data is accurate, complete, and consistent. This involves verifying data against defined business rules, performing data reconciliations, and conducting periodic data audits.
• Maintaining comprehensive documentation of data sources, data flows, data transformations, and data quality rules. This documentation ensures transparency and facilitates troubleshooting and auditing processes.
• Monitoring data integrity on an ongoing basis by analyzing data quality metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs). Developing and implementing automated monitoring tools and systems to proactively identify and address data integrity issues.
• Collaborating with the Security and Privacy teams to ensure that data protection measures are in place. Implementing access controls, data encryption, and other security measures to safeguard data integrity and prevent unauthorized access or data breaches.
• Investigating and resolving data integrity issues by working closely with cross-functional teams, including data analysts, data engineers, and business stakeholders.
• Developing and implementing solutions to address data quality problems and prevent future occurrences.
• Conducting training sessions and workshops to educate employees on data integrity best practices and their roles in maintaining data quality. Promoting a data-driven culture within the organization and raising awareness of the importance of data integrity.
• Continuously evaluating and enhancing data integrity processes and methodologies. Staying informed about industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in data management and data quality assurance.
A qualified candidate will have a Master’s Degree (or a foreign equivalent degree) in Computer Science/Engineering, Computer Information Systems or a closely related technical field followed by two (2) years of experience as a Support Engineer, Application Engineer, Data Warehousing Engineer, or a closely related position working with large EMR and HIE data sets and data warehouses. The experience, which may have been gained concurrently, must have included two (2) years of experience with each of the following:
• Writing scripts using Python and PowerShell to verify the quality of the clinical data before performing the ETL process.
• Performing data grooming on clinical data, as well as automating the data flow and visualizing the performance of the data flow using Python
• Transforming HL7 messages using SSMS/SSIS/SSRS ETL tools in Casandra, Kafka, and MongoDB databases.