Team Lead - Data Engineering
The Team Lead – Data Engineering will help support our customer base as well as our development team by acting as the leader of a team of Data Engineers and Software Engineers. This position requires extracting data from Meditech, EPIC, Cerner, eClinicalWorks, AthenaHealth, and also Health Information Exchange data in ADT, SIU files, and CMS & Payer files like CCLF and other Claims and Clinical data files. The qualified candidate will be a Data specialist who exhibits expertise in extracting data from EMR systems and possess strong knowledge focus on data extracts for a Quality Reporting perspective. This position does not involve managerial or supervisory responsibilities.
• Establishing a data-driven culture by facilitating and leading go live and upgrade processes for customers.
• Maintaining XSLT, SQL and Java scripts for mass loading and rendering of XML files
• Applying technical and subject matter expertise on data analysis tools and techniques, data processes to implement automation, data models and data dictionaries.
• Architecting and implementing data management systems, including formulating data architecture and data management strategies, developing descriptive data models for data aggregation, and monitoring and optimizing the data architecture and data processing systems.
• Designing and developing distributed data pipelines using big data technologies.
• Conducting comprehensive analyses of complex data sets, including reviewing and reconciling the data.
• Working with cross-functional leads to share best practices and ensure the successful re-use of product platform innovations.
• Providing guidance and oversight to ensure compliance with data privacy policies and regulations. Establish rules and data security controls to protect data in our Data Platform.
• Maintaining awareness of vendor and industry developments in the area(s) of team ownership, communication and documentation of all relevant items and activities.
A qualified candidate will have at a minimum a Master’s degree (or a foreign equivalent degree) in Computer Science, Information Systems/Security or a closely related IT field followed by two (2) years of experience as a Data Engineer, Clinical Data Engineer, Database/Software Developer, or closely related position where they performed data analytics on big data sources comprised of healthcare clinical and claims data. The experience, which may be gained concurrently, must include two (2) years of experience with each of the following:
• Extracting and analyzing data from at least two of the following EMR systems: Meditech, EPIC, Cerner, eClinicalWorks, AthenaHealth.
• Extracting and utilizing Health Information Exchange data from ADT, SIU files, CMS & Payer files (e.g. CCLF) and other Claims and Clinical data files.
• Processing and analyzing the extracted data utilizing SQL and/or T-SQL, SSIS, Power BI, VB.Net, Oracle, and SQL Server.