Principal System Architect (Multiple Openings)
Meet Our Team:
Our team lives and breathes the Pega delivery vision: quickly building high-quality, outcome-driven applications that evolve with the changing needs of business. As a key member of the Pega Consulting team, you will work with a passionate and driven project team, delivering new and innovative business and technical solutions using Pega technology.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
Pega is changing the way the world builds software. In this role, you'll help us design, develop, implement and test the next generation of customer centric solutions. This is your chance to get your hands on leading technology that figures out what people really care about.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Lead and drive scope definition, requirements analysis, functional and technical design, application build, product configuration, unit testing, UAT and production deployment.
- Partner with clients to deliver high-quality technical solutions across all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Collaborate with Pega delivery team to ensure solutions meets or exceeds client expectations.
- Provide support and technical governance to multiple projects simultaneously at one large/complex client or multiple clients.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert to the organization and pro-actively respond to ad-hoc questions.
- Assist with the identification and development of additional consulting and license opportunities.
- Support execution of high-quality deliverables that meet/perform to technical and functional requirements across all project phases.
- Establish technical roadmap to support large scale business transformations when moving to Pega platform.
- Establish, share and communicate patterns of reuse in terms of enterprise solutions seeking to determine and develop repeatable, efficient and optimal ways of implementing Pega.
- Consistently design optimal deliverables without unnecessary complexity which enables customer enablement and long-term ownership.
- Define practices for Service oriented Architecture within the organization.
- Work closely with client enterprise architecture team to understand hardware requirement, server topology and enterprise integration needs.
Who You Are:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Electronic Engineering, or related field; and
- 12 years of experience in any job title/occupation/position involving building and implementing model-driven, enterprise-level business solutions and applications.
- Will accept Masters and 10 years in lieu of Bachelor’s and 12 years.
- Experience specified must include 12 years (or 10 years if Master’s) with:
- All phases of software development including design, configuration, testing, debugging, implementation, and support of large-scale, business centric and process-based applications;
- Application Servers, programming languages, relational and non-relational data bases and integration techniques; and
- Object-Oriented techniques and principles.
- Experience specified must include 8 years with:
- Application server technologies such as Tomcat, WebSphere or WebLogic;
- J2EE Architecture (JSP, Servlets, EJB, XML, or Java);
- Database technologies such as Postgres, Oracle, DB2, or MS/SQL;
- Delivering Pega platform implementation; and
- Leading customer and partner resources.
- Experience specified must include 6 years with:
- Leading in Agile and Scrum methodologies; and
- Coaching and mentoring team members.
- May live anywhere in the US.
- Telecommuting permitted.
- Requires up to 75% domestic travel to client sites.
- Requires Pega Certified Lead System Architect Certification (CLSA).
Work Location: 1 Main Street, Cambridge, MA 02142
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive ofpay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company