Senior Administrative Assistant
Olympus Medical Systems
Working Location: MASSACHUSETTS, WESTBOROUGH
Workplace Flexibility: Hybrid
Are you looking for a company that cares about people’s lives and health, including yours? Let’s inspire healthier lives, together.
Olympus, a leading medical technology company, has focused on making people’s lives better for over 100 years.
Our Purpose is to make people’s lives healthier, safer, and more fulfilling.
Our Core Values are reflected in all we do: Integrity – Empathy – Agility – Unity – Long-Term View
We deliver on our purpose and our core values by staying True to Life.
Performs a variety of administrative duties to ensure that senior leaders are free to focus on business concerns and issues. Screen incoming telephone calls types and composes correspondence, compiles, and prepares various business documents and reports tracks budgetary expenses, makes travel arrangements organizes and schedules meetings. Prepares management presentations. Maintains effective administrative control over various departmental activities procedures or programs. Maintains personnel attendance and other administrative records.
- Composes routine correspondence ensuring accurate grammar, spelling, and business formats. Sends original and copies of correspondence to designated addressees. Maintains correspondence files.
- Makes travel arrangements for BU VP/GMs, which involves working with Corporate Travel Department to arrange transportation and lodging. Prepares and distributes travel itineraries. Arranges dining or other events for internal meetings as requested. Reviews and logs travel and entertainment forms. Tracks departmental budget expenditures. Analyzes data to record and report on budget variances.
- Organizes and schedules on-site or off-site meetings. Ensures that facilities are adequate. Arranges for food and beverages. Maintains a calendar of itineraries and schedules and coordinates business meetings and conference calls.
- Manages expense reports (i.e. prepares, submits and tracks payment) for BU VP/GMs
- Monitors and maintains adequate quantities of office supplies for the staff. Prepares purchase requisitions when inventory levels are low. Selects office products and equipment from vendor catalogues or approved lists of standard office supplies. Monitors invoices to ensure billing charges are appropriate assigns the general ledger accounting code and submits the bills for signature.
- Organizes and maintains departmental records, confidential personnel files, and weekly business reports. Maintains logs and other records to track various departmental operations including personnel attendance and PTO records.
- Coordinates and schedules department meetings (i.e. monthly staff meetings and/or quarterly business reviews)
- Assists in creation of management presentations using Microsoft Office (PowerPoint) as needed/requested
- Coordinates various departmental activities policies or programs to maintain effective administrative control, which involves maintaining records and logs communicating with various internal and external people. Notifies management of any problems that may arise.
- Assists in gathering documentation relating to HCP Consulting engagements.
- AS in Business or Secretarial Science preferred or equivalent experience and knowledge.
- Minimum three years of administrative experience, ideally in an international company.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of the principles of customer service.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook (Office 365).
Why join Olympus?
Here, people matter—our health, our happiness, and our lives.
- Competitive salaries, annual bonus and 401(k)* with company match
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Visions coverage effective on start date
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Free virtual live and on-demand wellness classes
- Work-life balance supportive culture with hybrid and remote roles
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Educational Assistance
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- Volunteering and charitable donation match programs
- Diversity & Inclusion Programs including Colleague Affinity Networks
- On-Site Child Daycare, Café, Fitness Center**
We care about your health and financial well-being and offer the resources you need to feel vital, confident and ready for wherever life takes you. Learn more about our benefit offerings at https://www.olympusamerica.com/careers/benefits-perks.
Our Medical business uses innovative capabilities in medical technology, therapeutic intervention, and precision manufacturing to help healthcare professionals deliver diagnostic, therapeutic, and minimally invasive procedures to improve clinical outcomes, reduce costs, and enhance the quality of life for patients and their safety.
Headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, Olympus employs more than 31,000 employees worldwide in nearly 40 countries and regions. Olympus Corporation of the Americas, a wholly owned subsidiary of Olympus Corporation, is headquartered in Center Valley, Pennsylvania, USA, and employs more than 5,200 employees throughout locations in North and South America. For more information, visit www.olympusamerica.com.
Olympus is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace
We recognize diversity in people, views and lifestyle choices and emphasize the importance of inclusion and mutual respect. We strive to continue to foster empathy and unity in the workplace so that our employees can fully contribute and thrive.
Let’s realize your potential, together.
It is the policy of Olympus to extend equal employment and advancement opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship status, religious creed (including dress and grooming practices), age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth and/or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental) and/or a medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, veteran status or service in the uniformed services, and any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Posting Notes: || United States (US) || Massachusetts (US-MA) || Westborough || Customer Service