US Market Access and Reimbursement Senior Analyst
Olympus Medical Systems
Working Location: MASSACHUSETTS, WESTBOROUGH; PENNSYLVANIA, CENTER VALLEY
Workplace Flexibility: Field
Are you looking for a company that cares about people’s lives and health, including yours? Let’s inspire healthier lives, together.
Olympus, a leading medical technology company, has focused on making people’s lives better for over 100 years.
Our Purpose is to make people’s lives healthier, safer, and more fulfilling.
Our Core Values are reflected in all we do: Integrity – Empathy – Agility – Unity – Long-Term View
We deliver on our purpose and our core values by staying True to Life.
This position is a US corporate position responsible for reimbursement monitoring in matters related to coding, payment and coverage trends for the Olympus upstream and downstream portfoliossupporting the assigned business unit(s). The candidate will provide guidance to internal business units about reimbursement challenges and opportunities and working on potential reimbursement pathways to secure or optimize reimbursement. This person will also assist in the development of tools and programs to educate customer and expand US market access by means of reimbursement.
- Analyze US reimbursement trends including coding changes, payment amounts, fees schedules, coverage status impacting upstream and downstream Olympus procedures and products.
- Independently develop reimbursement collateral materials to support Olympus customers based on strategic HEMA plan
- Educate each business unit a new evolving reimbursement trends and implications
- Analyze secondary data for both Medicare and commercial payers related to reimbursement, charges payment
- Provide strategic direction in the development of reimbursement tools and materials to support successful market access education with customers
- Provide US reimbursement education to upstream and downstream marketing so they may have a foundation for reimbursement to guide their decision-making.
- Leads reimbursement sales training efforts both new hire and advanced training
- Manage reimbursement database that allows tracking of B/U important Medicare reimbursement trends. Update and present to business units regarding changes to Medicare in proposed and final payment rules
- Participate and monitor results of AMA CPT coding meeting and CMS open reimbursement forums
- Duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree is required and a concentration in health policy or business is preferred or equivalent professional experience
- Strong understanding of reimbursement and market dynamic from a US perspective; gained from a minimum of 3 years experience in billing/coding/reimbursement
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in working with medical device company to support reimbursement and/or other financial areas is required
- Manage projects with minimal guidance.
- 10%-15% travel as needed
- Proficiency in ACCESS and advanced excel; MS Office 365
- Ability to distill complex regulations and trends into a simple message
- Strong communication skills
- Self starter; ability to work independently
- Business acumen in working with and interpreting financial information and trends
- Strong customer focus responds promptly to customer questions and requests; effectively manages customer expectations
- Approaches work in an organized and systematic way; able to prioritize and manage multiple projects
Why join Olympus?
Here, people matter—our health, our happiness, and our lives.
- Competitive salaries, annual bonus and 401(k)* with company match
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Visions coverage effective on start date
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Free virtual live and on-demand wellness classes
- Work-life balance supportive culture with hybrid and remote roles
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Educational Assistance
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- Volunteering and charitable donation match programs
- Diversity & Inclusion Programs including Colleague Affinity Networks
- On-Site Child Daycare, Café, Fitness Center**
We care about your health and financial well-being and offer the resources you need to feel vital, confident and ready for wherever life takes you. Learn more about our benefit offerings at https://www.olympusamerica.com/careers/benefits-perks.
Our Medical business uses innovative capabilities in medical technology, therapeutic intervention, and precision manufacturing to help healthcare professionals deliver diagnostic, therapeutic, and minimally invasive procedures to improve clinical outcomes, reduce costs, and enhance the quality of life for patients and their safety.
Headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, Olympus employs more than 31,000 employees worldwide in nearly 40 countries and regions. Olympus Corporation of the Americas, a wholly owned subsidiary of Olympus Corporation, is headquartered in Center Valley, Pennsylvania, USA, and employs more than 5,200 employees throughout locations in North and South America. For more information, visit www.olympusamerica.com.
Olympus is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace
We recognize diversity in people, views and lifestyle choices and emphasize the importance of inclusion and mutual respect. We strive to continue to foster empathy and unity in the workplace so that our employees can fully contribute and thrive.
Let’s realize your potential, together.
It is the policy of Olympus to extend equal employment and advancement opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship status, religious creed (including dress and grooming practices), age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth and/or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental) and/or a medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, veteran status or service in the uniformed services, and any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Posting Notes: || United States (US) || Massachusetts (US-MA) || Westborough || Medical Affairs