Software Engineer II - R&D, IoMT
Olympus Medical Systems
Working Location: MASSACHUSETTS, WESTBOROUGH
Workplace Flexibility: Hybrid
Are you looking for a company that cares about people’s lives and health, including yours? Let’s inspire healthier lives, together.
Olympus, a leading medical technology company, has focused on making people’s lives better for over 100 years.
Our Purpose is to make people’s lives healthier, safer, and more fulfilling.
Our Core Values are reflected in all we do: Integrity – Empathy – Agility – Unity – Long-Term View
We deliver on our purpose and our core values by staying True to Life.
Do you have a passion for innovating and developing the next generation of healthcare technology and platforms? At Olympus, you can make a meaningful impact on the world. Your work can help save lives and improve patient outcomes. As a leading provider of advanced medical technologies, Olympus is at the forefront of a new strategic initiative to become a digital leader in the healthcare industry. Join us in building our next generation digital platform, which integrates data and AI to streamline and automate medical workflows and transform the way healthcare professionals provide care.
The IoMT Engineer II is a key member of the Digital Engineering team. The global role is part of the team responsible to develop, implement and support the Olympus Internet of Medical Things capabilities. They are a key member of the IoMT team to develop, test, support and continually improve high-quality, innovative, and performing IoMT solutions that comply with an overarching reference architecture, development standards and technical design principles. They co-develop with individual product R&D teams to utilize the IoMT platform for new products and services that meet the needs of the business and deliver value.
If you are a talented and innovative technical leader with a passion for making a meaningful impact, we want you on our team. If you are ready to join a team of game-changers and work on a project that has the potential to transform lives, we encourage you to apply for this role and help us create a brighter future for healthcare.
“The job is conducted in line with our Core Values which are: agility, empathy, long-term view, unity and integrity. Olympus is an equal opportunities employer championing a culture of equality, diversity and inclusion embedded throughout the organization and workforce.”
- Works on all technical aspects of Olympus IoMT edge connectivity and platform solutions (e.g., device management, OTA updates, SDKs, APIs, data ingestion).
- Participate with the IoMT team to establish, maintain and champion a robust IoMT architecture..
- Develop, implement, and support high-quality, innovative and performing IoMT edge and platform solutions.
- Provide technical direction, leadership and guidance on the IoMT edge and platform solutions to global team members, programs, and projects.
- Co-develop with medical device and solution product teams.
- Provides healthy digital solutions in regard to quality and regulatory compliance, security, and privacy.
- Maintain healthy relationships within and outside the Digital Unit team including stakeholders, peers, vendors, etc.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree, ideally in engineering, computer science or comparable background.
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience
- Domain Experience:
- 1+ years of experience working with IoMT solutions
- Experience with healthcare technology, clinic IT environments, and the healthcare industry
- Experience with Microsoft Azure development, MS Azure IoT, DPS, IoT Hub, Event Hub, Digital Twin, and containerized modules
- Experience with MS .NET development
- Experience with edge device to cloud connectivity
- Experience with embedded software and hardware development
- Experience with IoT device management capabilities
- Experience with cloud data management
- Experience with network protocols, network infrastructure, network security
- Experience with privacy and security standards and requirements
- Experience with cloud connectivity, multi-cloud strategies, and Microsoft Azure
- Experience working with existing solutions – understand code, refactor, adapt and update
- Agile/Digital Experience:
- Experience with systems architecture
- Experience with operating in an Agile and DevOps environment
- Other Considerations (travel/hours availability, etc.): Traveling: 10%
- Champions the use of IoMT in building digital solutions.
- Highly collaborative consensus builder with experience liaising between diverse teams.
Why join Olympus?
Here, people matter—our health, our happiness, and our lives.
- Competitive salaries, annual bonus and 401(k)* with company match
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Visions coverage effective on start date
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Free virtual live and on-demand wellness classes
- Work-life balance supportive culture with hybrid and remote roles
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Educational Assistance
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- Volunteering and charitable donation match programs
- Diversity & Inclusion Programs including Colleague Affinity Networks
- On-Site Child Daycare, Café, Fitness Center**
We care about your health and financial well-being and offer the resources you need to feel vital, confident and ready for wherever life takes you. Learn more about our benefit offerings at https://www.olympusamerica.com/careers/benefits-perks.
Our Medical business uses innovative capabilities in medical technology, therapeutic intervention, and precision manufacturing to help healthcare professionals deliver diagnostic, therapeutic, and minimally invasive procedures to improve clinical outcomes, reduce costs, and enhance the quality of life for patients and their safety.
Headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, Olympus employs more than 31,000 employees worldwide in nearly 40 countries and regions. Olympus Corporation of the Americas, a wholly owned subsidiary of Olympus Corporation, is headquartered in Center Valley, Pennsylvania, USA, and employs more than 5,200 employees throughout locations in North and South America. For more information, visit www.olympusamerica.com.
Olympus is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace
We recognize diversity in people, views and lifestyle choices and emphasize the importance of inclusion and mutual respect. We strive to continue to foster empathy and unity in the workplace so that our employees can fully contribute and thrive.
Let’s realize your potential, together.
It is the policy of Olympus to extend equal employment and advancement opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship status, religious creed (including dress and grooming practices), age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth and/or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental) and/or a medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, veteran status or service in the uniformed services, and any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Posting Notes: || United States (US) || Massachusetts (US-MA) || Westborough || Digital Product Development