Olympus Medical Systems
Working Location: MASSACHUSETTS, WESTBOROUGH
Workplace Flexibility: Hybrid
Are you looking for a company that cares about people’s lives and health, including yours? Let’s inspire healthier lives, together.
Olympus, a leading medical technology company, has focused on making people’s lives better for over 100 years.
Our Purpose is to make people’s lives healthier, safer, and more fulfilling.
Our Core Values are reflected in all we do: Integrity – Empathy – Agility – Unity – Long-Term View
We deliver on our purpose and our core values by staying True to Life.
The Fixture Designer is responsible for the development of manufacturing fixtures to aid in the assembly of single use flexible endoscopes. The primary responsibilities of this role include supporting all phases of device development, including aiding in the assembly of functional models, prototypes, and serial production units. Close collaboration with Development and Manufacturing Engineers is critical with the goal of reducing the assembly time needed for large volume production. Within a team environment, it will be expected that he or she will be a proactive communicator, collaborate well with others, manage their work efficiently, produce high quality work and consistently seek additional knowledge and skills. Documenting engineering files will be an important aspect of this role, as well as helping to generate assembly procedures to aid users of the fixturing; therefore, a working knowledge of Medical Device serial manufacturing is required.
- Contributes to product development projects and/or technology development efforts.
- Contributes to the development process and transfer of designs into manufacturing.
- Develops creative solutions to minimize touch time during the assembly of single use flexible endoscopes.
- Collaborates with Development and Manufacturing Engineers to understand the product assembly needs.
- May collaborate with Automation Engineers.
- Collaborates with Olympus Patent Attorneys to secure a strong IP portfolio as needed.
- Documents designs within a document control system.
- Supports in ensuring product and performance specifications are appropriate and accurate.
- Supports internal and external suppliers and manufacturers as needed. Including external design and/or development partners.
- Supports engineering leadership as required.
- All additional duties as directed.
- High School Degree. (Bachelors in mechanical engineering is preferred)
- Minimum years of related experience: 20 with high school degree, 9 years with BS.
- Proficient using CAD/3D modelling software (SolidWorks is preferred).
- Knowledge of a wide range of manufacturing methods (CNC machining, laser welding, 3D printing, etc.).
- Knowledge of a wide range of materials (Stainless Steel, Aluminium, Polymers, etc.).
- Knowledge of manufacturing methods common to sterile single use medical devices.
- Experience designing fixturing used to assemble sub-millimeter sized components.
- Able to solve complicated technical challenges and use good judgement in making timely decisions.
- Must be able to collaborate effectively with others, works well within cross-functional teams and across multiple sites, as applicable.
- Must be capable to effectively executing multiple work streams in parallel.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Comfortable presenting information to team members and stakeholders.
- Must be able to work in a professional open-space environment without distracting others.
- Must have a positive attitude and capable of accomplishing efforts in a timely manner and with high quality.
- Experience designing automation equipment is preferred.
Why join Olympus?
Here, people matter—our health, our happiness, and our lives.
- Competitive salaries, annual bonus and 401(k)* with company match
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Visions coverage effective on start date
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Free virtual live and on-demand wellness classes
- Work-life balance supportive culture with hybrid and remote roles
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Educational Assistance
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- Volunteering and charitable donation match programs
- Diversity & Inclusion Programs including Colleague Affinity Networks
- On-Site Child Daycare, Café, Fitness Center**
We care about your health and financial well-being and offer the resources you need to feel vital, confident and ready for wherever life takes you. Learn more about our benefit offerings at https://www.olympusamerica.com/careers/benefits-perks.
The anticipated base pay range for this full-time position working at this location is $115,026.00 - $161,036.00 / year, plus potential for annual bonus (subject to plan eligibility and other requirements). Olympus considers a variety of factors when determining actual compensation for this position including: level of experience, working location, and relevant education and certifications.
Our Medical business uses innovative capabilities in medical technology, therapeutic intervention, and precision manufacturing to help healthcare professionals deliver diagnostic, therapeutic, and minimally invasive procedures to improve clinical outcomes, reduce costs, and enhance the quality of life for patients and their safety.
Headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, Olympus employs more than 31,000 employees worldwide in nearly 40 countries and regions. Olympus Corporation of the Americas, a wholly owned subsidiary of Olympus Corporation, is headquartered in Center Valley, Pennsylvania, USA, and employs more than 5,200 employees throughout locations in North and South America. For more information, visit www.olympusamerica.com.
Olympus is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace
We recognize diversity in people, views and lifestyle choices and emphasize the importance of inclusion and mutual respect. We strive to continue to foster empathy and unity in the workplace so that our employees can fully contribute and thrive.
Let’s realize your potential, together.
It is the policy of Olympus to extend equal employment and advancement opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship status, religious creed (including dress and grooming practices), age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth and/or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental) and/or a medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, veteran status or service in the uniformed services, and any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Posting Notes: || United States (US) || Massachusetts (US-MA) || Westborough || Research and Development