Front-End Architect/Technical Lead UI Design Systems
Olympus Medical Systems
Working Location: MASSACHUSETTS, WESTBOROUGH; Nationwide
Workplace Flexibility: Field
Are you looking for a company that cares about people’s lives and health, including yours? Let’s inspire healthier lives, together.
Olympus, a leading medical technology company, has focused on making people’s lives better for over 100 years.
Our Purpose is to make people’s lives healthier, safer, and more fulfilling.
Our Core Values are reflected in all we do: Integrity – Empathy – Agility – Unity – Long-Term View
We deliver on our purpose and our core values by staying True to Life.
The Front-End Architect/Technical Lead for the UI Design System Team is a key technical leader within our organization. They play a crucial role in guiding and mentoring their team of talented engineers while also writing code and being a strong individual contributor. Working closely with the design team, the product owner, the application engineering teams, the Technical Lead is responsible for leading the UI Design System Team as it delivers the objectives set by the Product roadmap. They will be expected to champion technical best-practices, oversee the technical health of their team's codebase, provide guidance and mentorship on UI best practices to the application engineering teams, and collaborate on the technical and architectural direction for UI development across the platform and its applications.
To succeed in this role, the Lead for the UI Design System Team must be a technical thought leader who communicates effectively with a diverse group of stakeholders to meet the needs of the business. They must possess a deep understanding of modern software engineering principles and be able to provide effective technical guidance to their team. They will need to be highly organized, able to manage competing priorities, and able to adapt to rapidly changing requirements. They will be passionate about technology and have a strong desire to mentor and coach others. They will also be an excellent communicator, able to articulate complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
If you are a talented and innovative technical leader with a passion for making a meaningful impact, we want you on our team. If you're ready to join a team of game-changers and work on a project that has the potential to transform lives, we encourage you to apply for this role and help us create a brighter future for healthcare.
- Strong emphasis on front-end development, and web-application framework development.
- Write high-quality, secure, and maintainable code to deliver on agile user stories, ensuring that our platform and applications are reliable and scalable.
- Develop and maintain unit tests with a high degree of code coverage, ensuring that our code is rigorously tested and optimized for performance.
- Collaborate with the team to break down epics into actionable user-stories, driving the development of new features and functionalities.
- Perform code reviews on other team members' pull requests, providing constructive feedback and guidance to improve the quality of our code.
- Provide software design and software design reviews for the team, ensuring that our platform is built on a solid technical foundation.
- Champion technical best practices, staying up to date on the latest tools, technologies, and industry trends.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in production, working closely with the team to identify and implement effective solutions.
- Create clear and concise documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, and code comments that illustrate the type of code needed.
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility, ensuring that our platform meets the needs of our users.
- Document each aspect of a system or application as a reference for future upgrades and maintenance, ensuring that our platform is easily maintainable and upgradable.
- Maintain compliance with applicable policies and procedures for areas such as Quality, Security, and Privacy, ensuring that our platform is secure and compliant with industry standards.
- Share insights that help improve productivity, leveraging your knowledge of software delivery methods to drive continuous improvement and innovation.
- A college or advanced educational degree is not necessarily required for this position. We also value education achieved via work experience, coursework and training, and even self-guided learning.
- Minimum 10 years of software engineering experience, ideally most or all of it delivering SaaS in a cloud hosted environment.
- Other Considerations (travel/hours availability, etc.):
- Strong overlap with ET zone work hours, and some ability to overlap with CET zone work hours.
- Traveling to visit Olympus sites and customers is a part of this job. Expect to travel about once a quarter, with some international travel.
- Mastery of front-end software development for web applications.
- Hands-on programming experience using TypeScript, React, front-end module bundlers such as WebPack, and other UI frameworks such as Next.js.
- Broad general understanding of technology topics such as cloud products and platforms, micro-service architectures, automation, and API utilization.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a development team and with stakeholders across the organization, including product managers, designers and business leaders.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Tactical and strategic problem-solving skills.
Why join Olympus?
Here, people matter—our health, our happiness, and our lives.
- Competitive salaries, annual bonus and 401(k)* with company match
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Visions coverage effective on start date
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Free virtual live and on-demand wellness classes
- Work-life balance supportive culture with hybrid and remote roles
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Educational Assistance
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- Volunteering and charitable donation match programs
- Diversity & Inclusion Programs including Colleague Affinity Networks
- On-Site Child Daycare, Café, Fitness Center**
We care about your health and financial well-being and offer the resources you need to feel vital, confident and ready for wherever life takes you. Learn more about our benefit offerings at https://www.olympusamerica.com/careers/benefits-perks.
The anticipated base pay range for this full-time position working at this location is $145,580.00 - $203,812.00 / year, plus potential for annual bonus (subject to plan eligibility and other requirements). Olympus considers a variety of factors when determining actual compensation for this position including: level of experience, working location, and relevant education and certifications.
Our Medical business uses innovative capabilities in medical technology, therapeutic intervention, and precision manufacturing to help healthcare professionals deliver diagnostic, therapeutic, and minimally invasive procedures to improve clinical outcomes, reduce costs, and enhance the quality of life for patients and their safety.
Headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, Olympus employs more than 31,000 employees worldwide in nearly 40 countries and regions. Olympus Corporation of the Americas, a wholly owned subsidiary of Olympus Corporation, is headquartered in Center Valley, Pennsylvania, USA, and employs more than 5,200 employees throughout locations in North and South America. For more information, visit www.olympusamerica.com.
Olympus is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace
We recognize diversity in people, views and lifestyle choices and emphasize the importance of inclusion and mutual respect. We strive to continue to foster empathy and unity in the workplace so that our employees can fully contribute and thrive.
Let’s realize your potential, together.
It is the policy of Olympus to extend equal employment and advancement opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship status, religious creed (including dress and grooming practices), age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth and/or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental) and/or a medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, veteran status or service in the uniformed services, and any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Posting Notes: || United States (US) || Massachusetts (US-MA) || Westborough || Digital Product Development