OCA Rotational Development Program - Quality Assurance/Regulatory Affairs
Olympus Medical Systems
Working Location: MASSACHUSETTS, WESTBOROUGH
Workplace Flexibility: Hybrid
Are you looking for a company that cares about people’s lives and health, including yours? Let’s inspire healthier lives, together.
Olympus, a leading medical technology company, has focused on making people’s lives better for over 100 years.
Our Purpose is to make people’s lives healthier, safer, and more fulfilling.
Our Core Values are reflected in all we do: Integrity – Empathy – Agility – Unity – Long-Term View
We deliver on our purpose and our core values by staying True to Life.
*Program to start in June 2024*
The goal of the Olympus Corporation of the Americas Rotational Development Program (OCA RDP) is to develop and train early talent through targeted rotational assignments and learning opportunities in one of our many business units and functions.
Participants in the RDP will be immersed in hands-on training with functional subject matter experts and business leaders who will provide both mentoring and guidance throughout the program. This program is designed as a two-year rotation (three eight-month assignments) in a specific business area or engineering function. At the successful completion of the two-year rotational program, the RDP participant will be placed full-time in one of the relevant rotational function areas, as determined by business need and as directed by executive management.
The Rotational Development Program allows for a wide view of OCA business groups and shows the program participant how each area of the business function supports the overall company goals and strategies. Perform all other related duties as assigned. RDP participants will also participate in a series of learning activities centered around professional development and business acumen.
Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs is responsible for ensuring our products and services are safe and effective and that Olympus follows all regulations in the countries where our products are sold.
The Rotational Development Program – QARA focus – will consist of 3 rotations within one of these areas:
- Regulatory Affairs:
- During the regulatory affairs rotation the participant would be a member of a cross functional product development team involved with identifying and interpreting the regulatory requirements for a new product and support the submissions to global regulatory authorities.
- Design Quality Assurance:
- During the Design Assurance rotation, the participant would be a member of a cross functional sustaining engineering team involved with the design, development, and management of projects for legacy products and will provides organizational support with a focus on Design Quality activities.
- Additional Quality or Regulatory Rotation:
- Based on the interest of the participant, the third rotation could be focused on further supporting the regulatory affairs function or a different aspect of Quality Assurance such as Auditing, Quality Management Systems, Customer Market Quality, or Manufacturing Quality.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Regulatory Affairs or relevant discipline is required, with the degree being obtained no more than 24 months prior to the program start date. Program is limited to undergraduate or graduate degrees only.
- Proven academic excellence and a passion for continued learning is a must.
- Must possess demonstrated leadership skills.
- Strong, professional communication skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize/execute multiple concurrent tasks.
- Skilled in presentation development and public speaking.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without immigration-related work sponsorship now or in the future.
As a global medtech company, Olympus has a number of locations across the U.S. and internationally. Upon completion of the 2-year rotational program, participants may be required to relocate to another Olympus office for their full-time placement, based upon business need. Therefore, preference will be given to candidates who are open to future relocation.
Why join Olympus?
Here, people matter—our health, our happiness, and our lives.
- Competitive salaries, annual bonus and 401(k)* with company match
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Visions coverage effective on start date
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Free virtual live and on-demand wellness classes
- Work-life balance supportive culture with hybrid and remote roles
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Educational Assistance
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- Volunteering and charitable donation match programs
- Diversity & Inclusion Programs including Colleague Affinity Networks
- On-Site Child Daycare, Café, Fitness Center**
We care about your health and financial well-being and offer the resources you need to feel vital, confident and ready for wherever life takes you. Learn more about our benefit offerings at https://www.olympusamerica.com/careers/benefits-perks.
Our Medical business uses innovative capabilities in medical technology, therapeutic intervention, and precision manufacturing to help healthcare professionals deliver diagnostic, therapeutic, and minimally invasive procedures to improve clinical outcomes, reduce costs, and enhance the quality of life for patients and their safety.
Headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, Olympus employs more than 31,000 employees worldwide in nearly 40 countries and regions. Olympus Corporation of the Americas, a wholly owned subsidiary of Olympus Corporation, is headquartered in Center Valley, Pennsylvania, USA, and employs more than 5,200 employees throughout locations in North and South America. For more information, visit www.olympusamerica.com.
Olympus is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace
We recognize diversity in people, views and lifestyle choices and emphasize the importance of inclusion and mutual respect. We strive to continue to foster empathy and unity in the workplace so that our employees can fully contribute and thrive.
Let’s realize your potential, together.
It is the policy of Olympus to extend equal employment and advancement opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship status, religious creed (including dress and grooming practices), age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth and/or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental) and/or a medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, veteran status or service in the uniformed services, and any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Posting Notes: || United States (US) || Massachusetts (US-MA) || Westborough || Rotational Development Program