Senior Advanced Sourcing Manager
Olympus Medical Systems
Working Location: MASSACHUSETTS, WESTBOROUGH; MASSACHUSETTS, SOUTHBOROUGH; MASSACHUSETTS, WALTHAM; Massachusetts, Boston; Massachusetts, Bristol; Massachusetts, Norfolk; Massachusetts, Plymouth; Massachusetts, Worcester; Minnesota, Duluth; Minnesota, Maple Grove; Minnesota, Minneapolis; Minnesota, Rochester; Minnesota, Saint Cloud; Minnesota, St. Paul
Workplace Flexibility: Hybrid
Are you looking for a company that cares about people’s lives and health, including yours? Let’s inspire healthier lives, together.
Olympus, a leading medical technology company, has focused on making people’s lives better for over 100 years.
Our Purpose is to make people’s lives healthier, safer, and more fulfilling.
Our Core Values are reflected in all we do: Integrity – Empathy – Agility – Unity – Long-Term View
We deliver on our purpose and our core values by staying True to Life.
The Advanced Sourcing Manager (ASM) is a key hands-on leadership role and is responsible for providing all advanced sourcing support for the site NPD projects by engaging early and systematically tapping into our internal and external supply base for their innovation capability to achieve higher Quality and Gross Margins at time of new product launch and delivering robust products from a concentrated and committed supply base and delivering greater value to the business.
The Advanced Sourcing Manager is responsible for directly managing and leading local R&D buyers as well as collaborating with the Category Managers to develop, maintain and execute Sourcing Strategy to support local projects, focusing on Product Quality, Cost, Reliability, Flexibility, Risk and Project Schedule. In addition to providing a management oversight, the ASM will be an active member of the local project teams throughout all stages of the project, working closely with project stakeholders and leading the selection, evaluation and qualification of suppliers of materials and selected services for all assigned projects.
- Lead, mentor, train and develop the R&D buyers through clear objectives including goal setting, performance management and reviews, and driving Key Performance Indicators.
- Improve team performance with team cohesiveness, leading, influencing, training, and motivating in order to facilitate cooperation, ensure efficiency, boost morale and drive success.
- Focuses on customer satisfaction by demonstrated Teamwork and empowerment, solving problems through a consultative approach, operating with honesty and integrity and providing a highly responsive and unsurpassed level of customer service.
- Assess and improve upon suppliers’ quality and ensure conformance to OSTA’s standards on process controls and process validation through the new product development process.
- Working with the New Product Development Purchasing team, ensure early supplier engagement in the areas of material selection and specification development and facilitating technical and commercial communication between suppliers and project team to improve quality, time to market, and cost.
- Serve as the Supplier Capability subject matter expert (SME) partnering with Category Management to provide supply market insights, linking supplier capabilities to business needs and works with suppliers and engineering to determine technology design approaches which deliver best cost and quality advantages.
- Perform cost analysis to drive lowest total cost of acquisition, lead efforts to reduce cost through Design to Value, competitive bidding, cost analysis and negotiating terms and conditions.
- Provide guidance to R&D Product Design in terms of supplier and component selection to ensure an optimized time to market, reduced supply risks upfront, and that product quality and compliance gets built into the new product design upfront.
- Responsible for creating Statement of Work to support the RFQ, benchmarking and negotiations, develop and manage an accurate costed BoM and communicate variances during development process.
- Ensure seamless transition of sourcing assignments at new product launches to Category Managers, production buyers and planners.
- Collaborate internally across several NPD project teams and externally with key strategic suppliers to become a Purchasing SME for the new products upon launch and support any future value engineering projects to improve quality, cost and manufacturability for such products.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory and compliance activities within prescribed area to include, but not limited to: Federal Drug Administration, Good Manufacturing Practices, ISO standards, safety and OSHA regulations, affirmative action guidelines and equal employment practices.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree (Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Finance or equivalent). Supply Chain and/or Medical Device quality certifications or training is desired.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in New Product Development support, Vendor negotiations, Purchasing and/or Quality functions, preferably in medical device or other regulated industry.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience at management level in medical device or other regulated industry.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in developing and driving purchasing strategy and change management.
- Proven experience developing, negotiating, and implementing commercial contracts to include supply and quality agreements.
- Travel up to 20% global travel required.
- Experience working in an international, cross-functional, highly matrixed and multiple stake-holder environment is preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management and all functional areas
- Strong results orientation and ability to quickly establish priorities;
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work in a matrixed organization
- Good technical understanding of manufacturing, products and processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Why join Olympus?
Here, people matter—our health, our happiness, and our lives.
- Competitive salaries, annual bonus and 401(k)* with company match
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Visions coverage effective on start date
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Free virtual live and on-demand wellness classes
- Work-life balance supportive culture with hybrid and remote roles
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Educational Assistance
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- Volunteering and charitable donation match programs
- Diversity & Inclusion Programs including Colleague Affinity Networks
- On-Site Child Daycare, Café, Fitness Center**
We care about your health and financial well-being and offer the resources you need to feel vital, confident and ready for wherever life takes you. Learn more about our benefit offerings at https://www.olympusamerica.com/careers/benefits-perks.
The anticipated base pay range for this full-time position working at this location is $115,026.00 - $161,036.00 / year, plus potential for annual bonus (subject to plan eligibility and other requirements). Olympus considers a variety of factors when determining actual compensation for this position including: level of experience, working location, and relevant education and certifications.
Our Medical business uses innovative capabilities in medical technology, therapeutic intervention, and precision manufacturing to help healthcare professionals deliver diagnostic, therapeutic, and minimally invasive procedures to improve clinical outcomes, reduce costs, and enhance the quality of life for patients and their safety.
Headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, Olympus employs more than 31,000 employees worldwide in nearly 40 countries and regions. Olympus Corporation of the Americas, a wholly owned subsidiary of Olympus Corporation, is headquartered in Center Valley, Pennsylvania, USA, and employs more than 5,200 employees throughout locations in North and South America. For more information, visit www.olympusamerica.com.
Olympus is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace
We recognize diversity in people, views and lifestyle choices and emphasize the importance of inclusion and mutual respect. We strive to continue to foster empathy and unity in the workplace so that our employees can fully contribute and thrive.
Let’s realize your potential, together.
It is the policy of Olympus to extend equal employment and advancement opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship status, religious creed (including dress and grooming practices), age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth and/or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental) and/or a medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, veteran status or service in the uniformed services, and any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Posting Notes: || United States (US) || Massachusetts (US-MA) || Westborough || Supply Chain